Network preferred

Captnaughty34

Dec 4, 2022
Visit site
At&t prepaid service has been off for couple months. For $26 i can turn it on. Havent needed to. Recently popped the sim into an old phone. No service. Ive been jacking around in hidden service menu. I put the phone down and the battery died. I plugged it up and turned it on. Now the service is on. Data and all. Running fast at that. Still have a balance to pay and everything. I looked at the network settings under mobile networks. Its says network preferred setting is 20. Can anyone explain this to me please?

Captnaughty34

Dec 4, 2022
Visit site
Ok. I registered. And yes. I've been teaching myself for a few months how to access the hidden menus and settings of various phones. And I'm familiar with network mode settings. So yeah, 5g/4/3/2/ and lte is usually the options. Even through the 4636 code, those are the options. On this one, everything is working at it should and I haven't paid anything. When I first put the Sim into the phone, it's wasn't active or on wifi. Still isn't. But with messed around in operator hidden menu for a bit then sat it down to wash dishes. It died during that time. Turn it back on and it works now. And "20" is the network mode. Device is a LG K40

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok. I registered. And yes. I've been teaching myself for a few months how to access the hidden menus and settings of various phones. And I'm familiar with network mode settings. So yeah, 5g/4/3/2/ and lte is usually the options. Even through the 4636 code, those are the options. On this one, everything is working at it should and I haven't paid anything. When I first put the Sim into the phone, it's wasn't active or on wifi. Still isn't. But with messed around in operator hidden menu for a bit then sat it down to wash dishes. It died during that time. Turn it back on and it works now. And "20" is the network mode. Device is a LG K40
Welcome to AC!

Whats the reason you messing around with dialer codes ? You trying get Free service?

Captnaughty34

Dec 4, 2022
Visit site
Not at all.. originally I was looking to speed up a phone I had at the time. I was a cheapo and very low storage. Got hooked simply because I was learning a lot really fast. So I kept going to learn as much as I could. I've even gotten into building computers since then. I'm that way with anything I do. Knowledge is power. So no, not trying for free service. Just the attempt at speeding up devices I already own.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok not sure how your getting free service , maybe error on your provider side hopefully they don't send you a bill even though it's prepaid your still held responsible for using it so maybe contact them .

Sent from my SM-F721U1 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I made you the owner of the original guest post to make it easier for you to find.

Can you show us a screenshot of that menu where you see the network preference is 20?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site