Never rooted before; should I do it just for Sense 3.0?

beirlilny

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Please help me!

Although I am an Android lover and definitley not new to the Android game, I have never rooted a phone.

How hard would it be to root the Tbolt and how hard would it be to add Sense 3.0 afterwards? Is this too complicated for a first-timer?

If you think I should proceed, will you please steer me in the direction of step-by-step, easy to understand instructions for both rooting and adding Sense 3.0?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Read the stickies!

After that you should be good to root if you're fairly useful with computers. Read read read is the best advice.

Sense 3.0 is nice but I find it can get laggy compared to a good AOSP or 2.1 rom. Of course im a little biased since I have the need for speed.

There are step by step YouTube videos for tthe bolt.

Take at least an hour reading about rooting. Take another hour for reading about roms recovery nandroid and radios. Then give yourself 1 to 1.5 hours to root.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

Reactions: beirlilny

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Reading is good... you need to know what it is you are getting into and not rush in blindly and then start asking for help!!! Not that we are not here to help, but too many people don't read these sticky threads and get in way too deep and don't know how to get out... when it's all in those sticky threads.

As far as your reason for rooting... Sense 3.0 is nice, but it would not be my sole reason for rooting. And not all Sense 3.0 ROM are as Forgetful says "laggy"... sometimes it's not all about laggy... sometimes it's about apps that can run on Sense 3.0 ROMs and some apps that can NOT run on AOSP ROMs.

MyVerizon and the current favorite with the NFL season underway the NFL Mobile app will currently not run on any AOSP ROM... but they run on most if not all of the popular Sense 3.0 ROMs.

And currently I'm running a Sense 3.0 ROM that I would not call laggy, and it runs all the apps I want to run... BAMF Forever... currently on version 1.0.9. Check it out after you've done some reading.

Reactions: beirlilny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid