New App for Facebook Hi-Res Photo syncing - "Haxsync"

lilpopester

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the galaxy s3 and my fb contacts were blurry. So I bought haxsync and tried to sync and only one of my contacts joined with haxsync. I tried to manually pick them from fb in the haxsync settings but didn't sync. I then tried to join my contacts manually to haxsync but it only has fb blurry contacts to join. I dont know where the "people" app is either... Sorry im lost can someone help please

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
One thing I've noticed is once you setup the HaxSync account, it syncs every minute which causes the endless sync.I tried changing it but it doesn't stick. It's freaking annoying and I usually check it and once a time is provided, I turn it off. Hopefully this will be addressed.

haskida

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi i got a question.

The app works fine and syncs my facebook events/birthdays like i want on my phone's google calendar.

but when i access google calendar from my desktop pc, i dont see the facebook events/birthdays. they seem to only appear in the google calendar on my phone.

how do i make them show on my desktop pc's google calendar as well? i double-checked the "calendars to display" list and they are not there too.

Thanks for the great app

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Galaxy Nexus running JB stock. Endless sync.

Enviado de meu GT-P7510 usando o Tapatalk 2

The sync may be set to one minute, like mine was. Once I changed it to five minutes, the endless sync went away and all my accounts synced fully. Once everything was done, I either turned it off or left it on and noticed my battery not discharging as fast.

LayneeMarko

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi there ;)
I have GNEX 4.1.1, and i have installed both HAXSync workaround and bought haxsync app. Now, i have 2 questions:
First: what for is the crop to square option?
Second: some pictures are still blurry and some are hi res extremly good :)
Third: If i have contact named Stupid Bro (as i really do), and i want to join it with Facebook contact named John Smith, when i do that, and when i search for "Stupid Bro" in my phone contacts, it returns no results. But when i search for "John Smith" it returns result labeled Stupid Bro. So when i want to search for some one in my phone contacts (people) i have to type that contacts Facebook(real name) instead of Phone Contact name stored.

Any one got answers for this q?
Thanks in advance

motsrox

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of activity here.
The recent problems HaxSync was experiencing were caused by a huge bug in Jelly Bean and my way of working around it (App Encryption has not been disabled on Google Play, even though the article claims otherwise.)

Starting with Jelly Bean Workaround 1.1, everything should work perfectly again. Please note that you have to uninstall and re-install HaxSync if upgrading from 2.4.x to 2.5.x.

@haskida: HaxSync syncs with your phone, not your Google Account. Your FB data never comes into contact with Google.

@DeathBase, ramagesh: phone number sync is impossible because Facebook doesn't give 3rd-party apps access to that data.

@m0h1t: This is a known issue in miui. See [url="miuiandroid.com/community/threads/small-contact-images-in-miui.17921]here[/url] for more info.

dgwood12

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I am having problems with haxsync. I sync my photos but they are still blurry. When I manually manage individual contacts through haxsync and manually crop the contact image it pulls the high resolution image. Otherwise it's a smaller, blurry and pixilated photo. Why is haxsync not working like it used to? Please fix!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Lior Messer

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Same for me here. No need to crop, just update it manually and the image comes in hi res. But when I sync again, it comes low res. It was working perfectly but broke some weeks ago, probably an update...

// Enviado de outra gal?xia via ondas cerebrais //

JollyRoger

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Can no longer sync new contacts from FaceBook. I'm completely stock 4.2.2. It synced a couple of weeks ago. Had a couple of new friends added on FB, hit sync on HaxSync, did not sync new friends to my phone.

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Can no longer sync new contacts from FaceBook. I'm completely stock 4.2.2. It synced a couple of weeks ago. Had a couple of new friends added on FB, hit sync on HaxSync, did not sync new friends to my phone.

I'm having the same issue and it appears that he is working on a new build to fix the issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JollyRoger

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! And don't delete your account and try and download and sync again. I got the profiles to sync but now none of the profile pics sync.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe