New battery door came and....

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
47b9db30-8855-f5fa.jpg
This this is sweet. Makes the device feel so much better and it already feels good. I'll come back later to let you know if I experience and signal problems. So far so good.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

droid83

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I got mine almost 2 weeks ago from ebay. It is firmer. The plastic feel is all but gone. But I lost a signal bar when its installed. I have the black metal one.

Last edited:

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I heard that there are NFC(wifi direct even?) issues with that type of backing. You may want to give it a try.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I heard that before I bought it. Not a concern as I don't care about either.

tayswg20

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Click to view quoted image
This this is sweet. Makes the device feel so much better and it already feels good. I'll come back later to let you know if I experience and signal problems. So far so good.

It looks really good. I've yet to order mine yet. The only reason I've been waiting is because I'm worried about signal issues but if you say that it doesn't affect it, I'm going to go ahead and order it.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I haven't seen a difference so far. Just done my normal stuff, couple errands and gym after work and no issues. Wifi signal is the same in my house and the dbm reading in the same in my house as with stock door. I'll definitely let everyone if I see some negatives over the next couple days.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
It's hard to tell from the pics, are the letters raised or just etched into the aluminum?

Is there any flex to the back like the oem plastic, that's something I don't like about the oem door.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I have the same one, same color; but the top right corner does not snap. :\ They refunded me though, and I didn't have to send it back in. Nice of them.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It's hard to tell from the pics, are the letters raised or just etched into the aluminum?

Is there any flex to the back like the oem plastic, that's something I don't like about the oem door.

Letters are like engraved and it feels pretty nice. And no flex..... pretty sturdy.

Last edited:

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I ordered one as well and it does feel nice. It is a little thicker than the stock cover and doesn't fit as well with some of my tpu covers.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I ordered one as well and it does feel nice. It is a little thicker than the stock cover and doesn't fit as well with some of my tpu covers.

Thanks for that, I also use a TPU cover. It would be a shame though to cover up the nice battery cover.

On a side note, I had to enlarge my TPU cover around the USB cutout because a lot of USB cables wouldn't plug in completely due to the TPU case getting in the way. Used a Dremel and a spiral bit at high speed, then finished off with a little heat to smooth the edges.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky