New firmware update!

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I went and updated the app with the UK version from the link and it didn't change anything for me

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

N949KC

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I called Samsung support last nite before I found out I needed new firmware. They sure didnt know that or offer that up. Won't do that again.

Posted via Android Central App

mosimann

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Think I spoke too soon. There's a few minutes delay on the watch after I get an email or message. The phone beeps right away but watch stays quiet. Sometimes notifications don't even come, sometimes I get a few at the same time

Not good.

Last edited:

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I went and updated the app with the UK version from the link and it didn't change anything for me

Are you sure? I just updated mine and I LOVE IT. Many new, granted little, things that aren't talked about in the XDA forums. It's totally worth it. Follow this post: Official update to Gear Nov 15th and more *notifications*! - Page 12 - xda-developers

Think I spoke too soon. There's a few minutes delay on the watch after I get an email or message. The phone beeps right away but watch stays quiet. Sometimes notifications don't even come, sometimes I get a few at the same time

Not good.

Are you using it with the Note 3? Mine is working just fine. It wakes up as the phone is ringing.

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Are you sure? I just updated mine and I LOVE IT. Many new, granted little, things that aren't talked about in the XDA forums. It's totally worth it. Follow this post: Official update to Gear Nov 15th and more *notifications*! - Page 12 - xda-developers

Are you using it with the Note 3? Mine is working just fine. It wakes up as the phone is ringing.

Did you do the firmware update to get it to work? I just downloaded the app and installed it. If you did the firmware update, does it wipe your phone? And do you know if it removes root?

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I can't tell you about root, but i loaded the firmware using ODIN and it did not wipe, the new manager functions came alive without any muss or fuss.

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just updated mine. really simple procedure. Just followed these steps:

Downloaded the Stock Firmware BTU-V700XXUAMK7-20131115153?€?zip (208,63 MB) - uploaded.net
Downloaded this Odin Odin307 - Download - 4shared
Once Odin was downloaded I just extracted to Desktop
Once the firmware was downloaded I extracted the two files inside to the Odin folder I had just put on the Desktop

Put the Gear into Download mode (at the watch home screen, hold power until it says watch rebooting, rapid press the power button until you get to a menu with three options, press the power button three times quickly, should move selection to Download mode, hold power about 3 seconds and release, should be in download mode! )

Connect everything up via USB to PC (I am assuming everyone has the USB Drivers, if not http://hotfile.com/dl/247408965/8a67....27.0.exe.html)

Launch Odin
Odin should identify the watch as (0:[COMxx]).
Check PDA and press the button. Select the file V700XXUAMK7_V700OXAAMK7_HOME.tar.md5
Then Press Start
Sit back and wait, Gear should reboot and show the upgrading android animation and Odin will display PASS in green if all went well and its safe to exit and disconnect.

Now if only it was able to vibrate and ring at the same time, along with changing ringtones then i'd be even more happy with my GG

Mznik60620

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Odin still won't open for me. Guess I have to wait for Samsung to give the firmware update to the US :-(

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Odin still won't open for me. Guess I have to wait for Samsung to give the firmware update to the US :-(

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

rar files are compressed like zip. You need an RAR file opener to extract its innards. Google WINRAR, I think there is a free test version.

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
How did you update the actual gear itself, I don't seem to be getting full text for email just says check watch

So there were two updates, the US one broke the notifications, and the UK one brought more features to the watch. Read the posts from earlier to see how to install the UK update.

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Did you do the firmware update to get it to work? I just downloaded the app and installed it. If you did the firmware update, does it wipe your phone? And do you know if it removes root?

Mine is not rooted so I can't really tell you. I've read on XDA that it does wipe out the root and sideloaded apps.

robertmarkbram

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Australia does not seem to have the firmware update yet.

Official update to Gear Nov 15th and more *notifications*! - xda-developers
Your watch will need firmware: V700XXUAMK7
Phone software to version 1.5.111304

I have updated Galaxy Gear Manager - it is now 1.5.111304, but the Gear itself (Sm-v700) is still on JDQ39.V700XXUAMII. Gear Manager > Paired Gear > Software Update > Update says "the latest updates have already been installed".

Damn, bit too nervous to do the update myself as described above.

Rob
:)

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I didn't realize the firmware update was for the Gear not for the Note 3. Updated it and it works well. It seems like Samsung used the same trick that ATN and Gear Getter were using, which explains why email doesn't work