New firmware update!

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I think the latest update broke the exchange email app. You will need to Google the Google email stock android apk, download it, install them and that should fix the problem. You will also have to at that time go ahead and uncheck the Samsung stuck email application.

Ian B

Google and install these 2 apks:
Or google for com.google.android.email-6.0-920375.apk and com.google.android.exchange-6.0-920375.apk to get versions newer than on androidpolice. Installed both on non-rooted Note 3.

ocramida

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Everything works! But...

Everything works! But..

I get message that tells me that for security reasons the gear cannot display my Microsoft Exchange sync. No doubt its because I have to password protect my Note 3 for work reasons. However it seems strange that it wouldn't allow preview even when I password protected my gear. This also appears to block my Verizon emails which maybe the MS exchange issue people have mentioned. Uggh. One of the reasons I got the gear was for checking my email discreetly during meetings. now I'm questioning the value of keeping it. dammit!

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Everything works! But...

Everything works! But..

I get message that tells me that for security reasons the gear cannot display my Microsoft Exchange sync. No doubt its because I have to password protect my Note 3 for work reasons. However it seems strange that it wouldn't allow preview even when I password protected my gear. This also appears to block my Verizon emails which maybe the MS exchange issue people have mentioned. Uggh. One of the reasons I got the gear was for checking my email discreetly during meetings. now I'm questioning the value of keeping it. dammit!

Look at my post 67 before you. Delete email account from stock samsung email app. Google and install the 2 google stock email apps. Enter your exchange account, select in the updated Gear notification menu and send yourself an email. If set up correctly, your exchange email will work and show title and email content in your Gear. I have a non rooted Note 3 and non rooted Gear and it works perfect along w gmail showing email and info in my Gear.

Ian B

robertmarkbram

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Just updated mine. really simple procedure. Just followed these steps:

Downloaded the Stock Firmware BTU-V700XXUAMK7-20131115153?€?zip (208,63 MB) - uploaded.net
Downloaded this Odin Odin307 - Download - 4shared
Once Odin was downloaded I just extracted to Desktop
Once the firmware was downloaded I extracted the two files inside to the Odin folder I had just put on the Desktop

Put the Gear into Download mode (at the watch home screen, hold power until it says watch rebooting, rapid press the power button until you get to a menu with three options, press the power button three times quickly, should move selection to Download mode, hold power about 3 seconds and release, should be in download mode! )

Connect everything up via USB to PC (I am assuming everyone has the USB Drivers, if not http://hotfile.com/dl/247408965/8a67....27.0.exe.html)

Launch Odin
Odin should identify the watch as (0:[COMxx]).
Check PDA and press the button. Select the file V700XXUAMK7_V700OXAAMK7_HOME.tar.md5
Then Press Start
Sit back and wait, Gear should reboot and show the upgrading android animation and Odin will display PASS in green if all went well and its safe to exit and disconnect.

Now if only it was able to vibrate and ring at the same time, along with changing ringtones then i'd be even more happy with my GG

After doing this, doe this mean I have rooted the device? Or does it just mean I have upgraded the stock firmware? (I am fairly sure it is the latter.)

Should Gear Manager still be able to install firmware updates to the Gear after this?

----
Update (Saturday 23 November 2013, 01:47:18 PM)

Sweet, it works - I now see the advanced notifications.. I know I have not rooted the device and just updated the firmware, but I do feel a bit piratey. :)

Rob
:)

Last edited:

drmrw2

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
After doing this, doe this mean I have rooted the device? Or does it just mean I have upgraded the stock firmware? (I am fairly sure it is the latter.)

Should Gear Manager still be able to install firmware updates to the Gear after this?

----

Sweet, it works - I now see the advanced notifications.. I know I have not rooted the device and just updated the firmware, but I do feel a bit piratey. :)

Rob

Rob are you in the USA? Can I still upgrade my watch with the same firmware if in the US?

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site

----

Rob

No, it will not be rooted, just updated, Firmware updates should occur normally.

Posted via Android Central App

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just found out that this update is even more awesome! The album cover shows up on the GG screen in the media player control whenever a song is being played!

drmrw2

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

Hey Ian thanks for all your help first of all! I did what you said, deleted old profile from email, etc. got new one set up and I successfully got an exchange email with header and text ONCE! Then after that it just wouldn't send any exchange mail to the watch at all. Sent all the other ones fine. Any ideas????

Update!!! Reinstalled gear manager, reset watch to factory settings.....Boom! Exchange email with headers and text!
Thanks again to everyone on this site for your help. With forums like these who needs tech support? We all really appreciate the help and the insight.

Last edited:

drmrw2

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

Does anyone else get this problem? When I get several emails on the phone, the watch give "cumulative" messages. so If I get 4 emails, instead of 4 separate emails showing up I see "1 message, 2 messages, 3 messages, 4 messages, each one containing the headers for all the previous emails. This only happens if the previous messages on the are not deleted. Weird. It can't be designed to do this and if it was then it's messed up!

Update, I'm not the only one. I found this on mobilesyrup.com

In the short time that I have used Gear since the update, I have noticed missed notifications on the device when compared to the activity in my Samsung Note 3’s notification panel. In addition, I found that for Gmail in particular, the messages I do receive are grouped together, making them garbled and difficult to parse.

It seems that Samsung still has some work to do to improve the reliability of notifications before being true contender in this space. These same issues are some of the major reasons I selected Pebble over the Gear in our Wearable Wars article.

This firmware update does prove that many of the kinks causing grief to Galaxy Gear users are on the software side, so its just a matter of time before they get it all right — at least, I hope.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson