New firmware update!

ericp2011

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Everything works! But...

I have done all the firmware updates on the phone Gear Manager (1.5.111304) on on the watch (V700XXUAMK7) I get some of the new perks like the text replies, dialer that brings the peoples name etc, but for the life of me cannot get any notifications except for what I used to get. I have done the notification check offs in More notifications etc. I am at a lost, I have a Samsung S4 on Rogers in Canada. I first got the patch from them, then I tried the V700XXUAMK7 UK verision and still the same. I am about to watch the watch go out of the window! Please help.

drmrw2

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

That is kind of weird. I have the same update as you. All I can think of is maybe resetting the watch and roll the galaxy gear software back to the original version by going into the app manager. The galaxy gear manager may have to install again with the update. The watch can be reset yet it will still keep the firmware upgrade. That's all I can think of, but you probably have already tried that. I'd be kind of frustrated as well.

ericp2011

May 1, 2013
Visit site

Just happens that the problem was not with the updates but with the notification settings on my phone itself, i reset apps preferences in the Application manager and started getting my notifications back on my phone and therefore on my watch !!! So this was basically a problem 10 inches behind the watch! But I don't know why my notifications had stopped working but I do not care anymore because I am back in business!

Nyteravyn

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone pa me with another mk7 download site, I am having too many issues trying to download from upload. Com, thank you in advance!!!

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
For the US customers wondering about installing the UK update, here's the scoop regarding Exchange functionality.

Its still disabled, no matter whether or not you install the UK GG update. I have done so, it is nice that you basically get ALL notifications from almost any app now via the watch, but whether you use the stock Samsung email w/Exchange, or a third party Exchange app like Touchdown, all you'll get now is a notice that "You've got Mail!" and "For security reasons, we ain't showing it to you."

If you rely on Exchange and had hopes for the Gear, give it up now. Its gone for good apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

Link dosen't work.....any other link?

Works fine...you may have it blocked I'm guessing?

tlo12duro

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I've got a GS4 from Verizon as well as a galaxy gear. Text notifications aren't coming through to my gear. Can Anyone help. I just got the manager update, but I'm reading on some reviews that the gear needs a firmware update. Someone please help. I would like to get the mk7 update without rooting my gear.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson