New galaxy watch,

rjr1049

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
No way. It does not handle MST apparently so it is a step back as far as using Samsung pay which I use all the time. I have enough battery with the current S3 Frontier to get through the day.

Last edited:

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the Frontier and I'm undecided. It's really much the same except the battery size. I would have liked a bigger change...
I was going to get the frontier but wanted to wait. Had to wait a looooong time! Just wish they had the larger new one in all black. Going to wait a little longer - they'll probably come out with other colors...

Harplayr

Feb 25, 2018
Visit site
No MST is a deal breaker for me. The other upgraded features just aren't enough to compensate for the lack of MST. I'll continue wearing my Frontier and see what the next generation brings.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
As a S9+ and S3 Frontier owner, I was curious if Samsung would tempt me to upgrade either this week. Seems like the only big improvements to both is battery life. I'm standing pat this year.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I don't care about the MST, typically always have phone with me anyway and it does. Coming from Gear Pro 2. I did see the T-mobile LTE version can already be pre-ordered thru Sammy and ships 8/24 as well.

crawfpm

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Having MST has been nice a few times when I didn't have phone (or wallet) but that is very seldom. I am torn, I have a watch with the problem with battery life (thanks Tizen 3.0) but it is coming back from Samsung with a new battery (supposedly) after a similar attempt a couple months ago (supposedly they fixed battery issue then also with a component replacement but same afterwards as before). If my watch doesn't last the day after this repair, will have to rethink my plans. Battery life is more important than MST.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'll wait and see. My Gear S3 gets me at least two days if I really need it. I don't need to swim with my watch. Unless there is something else I'm missing, I don't see a reason to buy it.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I like the new Galaxy Watch, but I normally use my Frontier to pay almost everywhere, so no go on the new watch because the lack of MST.
Now if I can find that new watchface to install on my Frontier!

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Nope. I've had the Gear S3 for a little over a year and have been totally underwhelmed by it. Sammy makes great phones, TVs, and other great electronic devices, but their watch is flat out terrible.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Nope. I've had the Gear S3 for a little over a year and have been totally underwhelmed by it. Sammy makes great phones, TVs, and other great electronic devices, but their watch is flat out terrible.
I've had my S3 for a year and a half and while I wouldn't say it is terrible, I will say that I have been underwhelmed with it.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Which face are you referring to? Or where can I see what you're referring to?
The one on the new Galaxy Watch.
253bc71a65114383ea64f7a9c1473463.jpg

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I've had my S3 for a year and a half and while I wouldn't say it is terrible, I will say that I have been underwhelmed with it.

I've had mine about the same amount of time too, and I agree it's not terrible, but I don't agree with being underwhelmed. It's been awesome. I amaze people almost daily when I use it for Samsung Pay. Now with Workout Trainer by Skimble it handles my weightlifting as good as the Microsoft Band 2.