New gestures/dark mode/accessibility

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yep yep. Like I said, the dressers make a lot more sense now. I'm playing around with them now right before bed And like I said to you before , I'm praying to God that Android Auto and my car is finally fixed otherwise I'm just going to submit more bug logs to Google developers keeping my fingers crossed...
I hope it does for you and others using it.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Installed the latest update, love the system wide dark mode. Also switched to full gesture nav.

New updates are always fun and that's why I love the Pixel

bkrickles

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Completely agree Love the system why dark mode plus the new gestures are absolutely awesome!Yup, with every new beta release there's something new to look forward to.

Have you tried beta 3 with android auto yet?
That's a dealbreaker for me. It didn't work properly in beta 1 and I haven't tried again since.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried beta 3 with android auto yet?
That's a dealbreaker for me. It didn't work properly in beta 1 and I haven't tried again since.
Ironically, I just tried it It started up fine in my car, and the first and navigation buttons weren't there, then I unplugged and replugged my phone back in and start to refine. Then I unplugged my phone again and it said USB device not recognized I posted this issue in the Android auto form. The positive notion is that it start up fine however when I unplugged it the first time my phone was almost unrecoverable and I had to fast boot it through recovery. normally, I would agree with you and say it's a deal-breaker, but I'm that much of a passionate beta of pig so I can deal with it temporarily and be patient as long as Google developers fix it ASAP.

Mr MnmlEngr

May 7, 2019
Visit site
Installed the latest update, love the system wide dark mode. Also switched to full gesture nav.

New updates are always fun and that's why I love the Pixel

How is the new gesture navigation in conjunction with a hamburger menu? I hear tons of people complaining about how terrible it will be I doubt they had tried it yet.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That's great to hear! This is one feature I'm hoping Google can implement with some finality in Q. I liked the transition in Pie, but it felt like a half commitment when they kept the back button.
Yeah I really disliked the gestures in beta two. Not only were they broken and they felt broken and they were more frustrating than anything to use on a daily basis. Now they are much more simplified to use and thought out. I'm just hoping my Android auto works perfectly without a USB device now recognized screen in my car. also come in my opinion, the new navigation gestures for the UI really change The way you interact with applications on the whole. We're also used to having Android devices with regular traditional navigation buttons whether they're physical or virtual on the screen.

Last edited: