New Google Assistant UI

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Do you know how to get the new UI for Assistant on the bottom center of the screen back? On my 3XL from Verizon i just got the latest January security maintenance patch, and afterwards, in AA, the Assistant UI reverted to being at the top. I also noticed that when you have the latest Assistant UI, and say the "Ok Google" command in the car, Assistant does not time out ever vs the older UI where Assistant is on the top of the screen. Every now and then Assistant will time out, and you have to say the key phrase again. Sometimes that tends to get annoying. I tried to force un-install AA to v 4.8 to no avail yet. :-(

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
@eric002: You should get an "Uninstall Updates" button.
Okay, so I did that again. I reinstalled version 4.8. but the last time I did that, the new UI of Google Assistant did not come back for some reason. I'll try it again soon enough and report back.

Update: tried with v 4.8 Android Auto, no new UI for Google Assistant in the car :-(

Last edited:

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how to manually update to the new UI for Google Assistant in Android Auto? I even emailed an editor from Android police.com he said that basically it's random people at best. If you don't have it you might not ever have it again.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So just as an update, my Google application was updated today in play store. I have the beta version. I have the new UI again for Google Assistant in Android Auto! It's much more responsive for voice commands and when you say that Google catch phrase, it doesn't stop listening to you it's extremely responsive finally!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene