New leaked S8 photos

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I have a feeling this is exactly what the S8 will look like.

By removing the home button and making the bezels so small Samsung will be able to produce a 6 inch screen while the body of the phone will be the same size as the current S7 edge.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I actually really like the look of this. If this is what it ends up being depending on specs I might end up getting this a s a replacement to my S7 Edge instead of waiting for the Note 8 or the Pixel V2

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I think this video was intended to show off display quality, not reveal what the S8 would look like. Expect more rounded corners and Samsung branding on the front. Also, if they're shrinking the bezels, they better make the display flexible/shatterproof.

JohnT3

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I like the look of this. For the people that don't, the front of your phone is already one piece of glass, it doesn't make a difference if you have more screen IMO.

m1racle

Jan 14, 2017
Visit site
Very possibly the best looking phone ever. If the bezel is truly that small... dammit just take my money Samsung!!! We've seen 'leaks' before though so I'm not getting excited just yet.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

By removing the home button and making the bezels so small Samsung will be able to produce a 6 inch screen while the body of the phone will be the same size as the current S7 edge.
not if they curve the edges

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Don't forget to subtract distorted area due to curves.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Eh...

I want bezels, you gotta handle these things right?

Agreed. I think it's really cool to have less 'Bezel'. Since it allows you to become much more immersed in the content you are viewing, but there will be a point where less bezel becomes a problem. Especially when we start talking about palm rejection. For example when you are playing a racing game where you need to tilt the phone left and right. What do you hold onto? You might touch buttons on the screen which could be annoying.

So there are definitely pros and cons. I do think though it's great that the home button is gone and allows us to get more screen in the same physical size.