New life into old Rezound

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I was all set to toss the Rezound and look for an S3, but decided to go thru the hassle of rooting the Rezound. Done and now have my free tethering, all I really wanted. Looks like the Rezound just got a new lease on life!

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
What took ya so long! :)

The AOSP JB roms are starting to come out so its a good time to be rooted.

You should also check out the Sense 4.0 Roms.

The Rezound is turning out to be the little phone that could.

Sent from my Rezound using Android Central Forums

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I recently rooted and s-offed my rezound, it's good enough to get me by til my next upgrade. Should of done it a long time ago.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I recently rooted and s-offed my rezound, it's good enough to get me by til my next upgrade. Should of done it a long time ago.

I haven't rooted yet but I just moved into a 4G area (hello civilization!!) -- falling in love all over again with my phone (and my unlimited account). To anybody in San Diego who is experiencing a slow down in your service - my bad :p I'm like a starving man who just walked in to an all-you-can-eat buffet.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I haven't rooted yet but I just moved into a 4G area (hello civilization!!) -- falling in love all over again with my phone (and my unlimited account). To anybody in San Diego who is experiencing a slow down in your service - my bad :p I'm like a starving man who just walked in to an all-you-can-eat buffet.

You should totally root that thing and dig into some Sense 4 goodness!

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
You actually have a few options

1. ViperRez 1.0.3
2. Nils' Business ICS 4.0.3 Sense 4.0

Now you have other options on the site that should not be named, but I do not have experience with them. Neo does make one using linaro but I have not looked into it to be able to tell you anything good, bad, or otherwise. I will say I use an older rom of Neo's that he has abandoned some time ago. These are ICS roms and not JB that i know of if you are looking for a 4.1.2 then you might want to inquire or wait for more info

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Neo has actually put out a couple of jelly bean roms already. I haven't flashed any but people say they run pretty well. A couple of minor things aren't working yet but development seems to be progressing quickly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
What Rom do you recommend? I've been reading quite a bit, but still haven't settled on one.

Hard to say really. If you like Sense then definitely go with Joelz's ViperRez. Released back in July and it's still one of the most full featured stable ROMs I've ever come across.

I haven't run Nils' Sense 4 version but I've run quite a few of his other ROMs and you can guarantee if Nils puts it out, its the highest quality and stable. Nils also responds frequently on his threads and I've seen him pop his head in here from time to time too so if you have problems support is never far away.

Newt has a new JB Sense 4+ based ROM but it's an alpha build and thus I wouldn't run it except to play around and see what it looks like...Daily driver, not yet, but I'm sure he's working on it.

Now if you want to try some stable Jelly Bean without the Sense UI, I've run Neo's AOSP (Linaro) and it's a really nice AOSP ROM. Pretty stable from what I can tell. I also ran his AOKP, named histerically "Mean Horsey Face", and it was pretty stable, though not as stable as his Linaro build. Both very nice ROMs but I like Sense and how it works so for now, I'm back on ViperRez though I'm following what Neo does with his ROMs so I can flash and enjoy some JB even if it is only for a week or two until I miss Sense and it's integratedness (totally made that word up).

To sum up...I'd start with ViperRez or Nils' Sense 4. If you like adventure and are willing to find workarounds give Neo's AOSP (Linaro) a try. Whats the worst that could happen, you don't like the ROM, you restore your nandroid backup (you DID make one first right?) and you're back...no harm no foul.

amadkins

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site

To sum up...I'd start with ViperRez or Nils' Sense 4. If you like adventure and are willing to find workarounds give Neo's AOSP (Linaro) a try. Whats the worst that could happen, you don't like the ROM, you restore your nandroid backup (you DID make one first right?) and you're back...no harm no foul.

Thanks!

I did complete both a nandroid and titanium backup. Just need to learn how to install a new rom/kernel.

amadkins

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Got viperrez working last night after I figured out I needed to flash the kernel from fast boot and not recovery (s on here).

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Got viperrez working last night after I figured out I needed to flash the kernel from fast boot and not recovery (s on here).

good deal, I've been on viperrez for a couple months now, i tried the others but keep coming back to this one. and Joelz is working on a update that should be out shortly.