New Market update!

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Awesome, looks pretty good.

Hopefully this is only the beginnings of what Matthias Duarte will be doing for Android, because I (personally) think this screams of something he's touched.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
so i have been reading peoples comments over at D-L and every one is crying over the new 15 min refund... people please be happy enough that we still have this. your making your self sound poor! Dev's requested this and its good that they got it

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
If it were an hour, I wouldn't have any issues with it whatsoever. But let's face it, 15 minutes is not long enough to determine if some apps are what they're made out to be in the Market. I can tell you it's taken me a good 45 minutes to an hour and sometimes more before I realize that.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Hey, I'm all for attracting more developers and making developers happy. But you need to find a happy medium between developer and end user attention. I think 15 minutes far tips the scale in the direction of the developers direction. But hey, that's just me.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
If it were an hour, I wouldn't have any issues with it whatsoever. But let's face it, 15 minutes is not long enough to determine if some apps are what they're made out to be in the Market. I can tell you it's taken me a good 45 minutes to an hour and sometimes more before I realize that.

Total agreement here. If they want to make the window smaller fine, but give at least an hour.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Not to mention the fact that what happens if I download an application, then get a lengthy phone call? Am I supposed to tell the person on the phone "hey let me call you back, I only have 15 minutes to test this app out I just downloaded before I can't get a refund". Shrinking it makes sense, shrinking it to this level doesn't.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Not to mention the fact that what happens if I download an application, then get a lengthy phone call? Am I supposed to tell the person on the phone "hey let me call you back, I only have 15 minutes to test this app out I just downloaded before I can't get a refund". Shrinking it makes sense, shrinking it to this level doesn't.

hahahaha o man that was funny

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If it cleans up the searching I can live with the 15 minute refund policy but agree it should be at least an hour.

I am138

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
The 15 min. refund doesn't bother me. Because with the Apple app store you don't get a refund period. If you bought a 5 dollar app that sucks, to bad, its yours now.