New Nova update finally let's you use Samsung themes!

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure what this means. I wish we could get the Google search bar that Samsung has stock.

Me to. What I really don't understand is why the stock widgets disappear when using Nova. I mean, they are still on the phone so why can't I access them? Makes zero sense to me.

Miggy1218

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
is there any way to get the apps in my app drawer to the size and style they were before this update? i have tried the app drawer settings...no luck

Graphixx30

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Am I missing something? I want to use the icons from Touchwiz (or Samsung Experience) with Nova, but setting the icons to system doesn't change them.

Last edited:

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Am I missing something? I want to use the icons from Touchwiz (or Samsung Experience) with Nova, but setting the icons to system doesn't change them.

Yeah you can't use Samsung widgets on Nova. I could figure out a setup I like with TouchWiz but I'm so stuck on my fine tuned setup with Nova over the years that I don't want to start from scratch.

Graphixx30

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah you can't use Samsung widgets on Nova. I could figure out a setup I like with TouchWiz but I'm so stuck on my fine tuned setup with Nova over the years that I don't want to start from scratch.

I know you can't use the widgets with Nova, but I want to use the app icons style from TouchWiz. I figured with this update you could since it allows system level themes.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
is there any way to get the apps in my app drawer to the size and style they were before this update? i have tried the app drawer settings...no luck

I was able to change the icon size and labels in the APP & WIDGET DRAWERS. Tap ICON LAYOUT, then move the ICON SIZE slider to the right. You'll probably have to move it a lot to see any difference -- I had to go to 120%.