New phone, ambient display issues present after a few days

ml91

Oct 8, 2018
Visit site
Hey all,

Just bought the phone about 1.5 weeks ago and in the last few days noticed my general ambient display brightness does not change in different light settings, the double tap stopped working, new notifications on the wake screen stopped working, AND i tried to turn on the lift to check phone option, does work either.

WTF is going on? As you can imagine I am pretty upset with it and was excited about upgrading from my note 4. Can anyone please shed some light on this issue?

Phone is up to date with no case! Thank you!

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Indeed. I really wasn't sure how long double tap and lift to wake weren't working because I was using the fingerprint scanner to wake the phone. When I did notice double tap and lift to wake weren't working, I tried turning the phone off and back on, and it didn't work. I didn't want to reset the phone and lose all my data and settings so I decided to live with it. Lo and behold the October update fixed it. I don't know if it's because of the update itself or the rebooting and update process itself.

ml91

Oct 8, 2018
Visit site
**** I think the October update is what messed mine up, so frustrating. Good to know its a software issue though, hopefully the next update (anyone know when?) will set it back to normal.

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
**** I think the October update is what messed mine up, so frustrating. Good to know its a software issue though, hopefully the next update (anyone know when?) will set it back to normal.

Usually beginning of each month.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez