New Pixel 2 XL and big Problems, need Help

reneklett

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
Purchased a used Pixel 2 XL Phone. Configured everything and then did the latest backup from january. After that i restarted and recover from Google Drive Backup. While in i think about 80% from restoring (installing apps), i lost my wifi connection and my SIM Card connection. From them everthing gets worse and cost me about hours since the problem start.

I cannot do any internet connection on the device. I tried factory reset and also reapplying the latest OTA update via adb sideload. I have USB thering enabled but cant enable OEM Bootloader for do a complete stock firmware reflash.
The biggest Problem is i cant access some settings menues like developer options, when i do that everything hangs.

When i try to start Wifi with toggle, the toggle goes back. When i insert my sim card nothing happens.

The phone was running about 30 minutes very good and smooth like i know from my pixel 2 without XL. After reseting again to factory and recovering from cloud backup everything began. Maybe i interuppted some process and software is now broken - i dont know.

But the problem is i think the only thing i can do is reapply the stock firmware completely but my boot loader is locked. I cant unlock because i cannot do the OEM Unlock in the developer settings menu.

Thank you for any help.

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I would try another factory reset, but set the phone up from scratch as a new device, don't restore from backup as you may be restoring your phone's problems as well.

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Already did this. Same behavior.

Unfortunately, you're in somewhat of a pickle as sideloading the OTA didn't help and you cannot flash a factory image to a phone that has a locked bootloader.

Normally, I would suggest you explore your options with the seller; however, as you've purchased a used phone, it's likely you may have no recourse.

cgonzalez82

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
How did you pay for the phone? If it was card then you might have payment protection depending where in the world you are...

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like user sold it because of said issues you are having, would be interested in knowing how much it costs, if it was very cheap then definitely a red flag it had issues.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Why was it sold in the first place? Was it having the issues you described?

Get in contact with the seller and ask if he has experienced the problems you described.

If all else fails, you can try contacting Google Support.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards