New SD memory card recommendation

Peter McCain

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

tbocfo

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I bought the Pro version 2 months ago and had it in my S5. I just put it into my Note 4, 2 days ago and it works great.

Posted via the Android Central App

bokehsan

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
At the current price points of those cards, I'd get the Evo or the Pro instead of the SanDisk offerings as the SanDisks just offer inferior speed for the price. Get the Pro if you want to transfer your files via USB 3.0 reader or for the sake of future proofing, otherwise the Evo would perform the same while in the Note 4. The Lexar 633x series is just as good as the Samsungs but I believe they're a little bit more expensive.

AntVisedo

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3967398

This is the one I chose as it has a USB 3.0 adaptor instead of an SD adaptor for fast file transfer. Also, if you noticed on micro SD cards you see a "U" with a number in it. From my understanding, "U" with a 3 in it is specifically for 4k video files with a minimum speed performance of 30MB/s which is said to optimum for 4k video while U1 has 10MB/s. I couldn't find a 128GB micro SD with U3 so I chose the 64GB one that does show it does have it. Search for micro SD U3.

Beltelmel

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Amazon.com: Lexar 64GB Class 10 microSDXC Flash Memory Card up to 95 MB/s with Adapter (LSDMI64GBBNL633R): Computers & Accessories

This is the one I chose as it has a USB 3.0 adaptor instead of an SD adaptor for fast file transfer. Also, if you noticed on micro SD cards you see a "U" with a number in it. From my understanding, "U" with a 3 in it is specifically for 4k video files with a minimum speed performance of 30MB/s which is said to optimum for 4k video while U1 has 10MB/s. I couldn't find a 128GB micro SD with U3 so I chose the 64GB one that does show it does have it. Search for micro SD U3.

Found this post at Galaxy Note 4 General - XDA Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by "name left out"

Can anyone confirm that 4k video works fine on the Samsung Evo 64gb? I'm looking at the Pro 64gb, but if it's almost $20 cheaper, I might just sget the Evo and be done Just don't want to shoot myself in the foot later for slacking.

Reply:
Any card rated speed class U1 is good enough for 4k recording on the Note 4. 4K on the Note 4 is 50Mbits (roughly 6MBytes/sec). A class 10 card is good up to 10Mbytes/sec (or 80Mbits/sec). You'd only need U3 48MB/s cards for 4k on a GoPro 4, not for mobile phones.

AntVisedo

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Found this post at Galaxy Note 4 General - XDA Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by "name left out"

Can anyone confirm that 4k video works fine on the Samsung Evo 64gb? I'm looking at the Pro 64gb, but if it's almost $20 cheaper, I might just sget the Evo and be done Just don't want to shoot myself in the foot later for slacking.

Reply:
Any card rated speed class U1 is good enough for 4k recording on the Note 4. 4K on the Note 4 is 50Mbits (roughly 6MBytes/sec). A class 10 card is good up to 10Mbytes/sec (or 80Mbits/sec). You'd only need U3 48MB/s cards for 4k on a GoPro 4, not for mobile phones.

Yeah, but having one that's specially rated for 4k doesn't hurt. I also read somewhere that U3 is good for smartphones. I definitely have to do some more research on this one though.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Those all Suck with the exception of the Samsung one. For the price you get better read and write speeds and a better built card Imo. I have gone through 3 SanDisk ones I am using in my note 4 right now and only reason I'm using it is because of the lifetime warranty. Once I sell my Samsung Galaxy tab s 10.5 I'll insert my Samsung one in here

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm