new seal on box doubled up

bracque

Apr 25, 2018
Visit site
There were 2 seal stickers on the lg g7 box i received. The one below the surface was cut so it looks like the box was opened and then a new sticker was placed on it, to make it look like new i assume.

Would lg ever do this on a new phone? I would think they would use a new box if they ever had to open up a sealed product for whatever reason.

I bought it on ebay so i am a little suspicious.

What do you think?

bracque

Apr 25, 2018
Visit site
the guy i bought it from is a t mobile employee, says he bought it from their corporate site. why would t mobile reseal an open box? do they sell returns on their corp site?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
From what I understand, phones in the US don't really get sealed by LG because the carriers will make their stuff on the phone then reseal it themselves. If I were you, I'd contact TMobile and explain your situation to see if they could check the phone.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Amazon and ebay both have sellers that take in used and open box phones and sell them as new if possible. You'll have to decide if there's anything about the phone that's going to be a problem for you, then proceed accordingly.

bracque

Apr 25, 2018
Visit site
i am returning it. there was a bit of screen bleed on it, my guess is it was a customer return that t mob discounted to employees. that is the second one i get with screen bleed. that's it for me with lg for a while. i am debating one plus 6, or waitng for 6t, or possibly waiting to see what apple comes up with for their cheaper phone rumored to be released in sept. thanks for the replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felichino