New T-Mobile phone...G2x, or something else?

x_magus_x

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Looking for a replacement for my HTC G2. Currently has an Otterbox case with CM7 Nightly installed and overclocked to 1.516Ghz...it's not bad on battery life even with that (mainly since I don't use my phone that much), but I'd love something:
-Thinner (don't need keyboard)
-Faster (or as fast) without overclocking/battery loss - not for gaming or videos or whatever, but for simple responsiveness and whatnot
-Bigger screen

I'm currently on Simple Mobile, but with T-Mobile's new value plans, there's one that's $10 cheaper with everything I need. Another company (such as Sprint or Verizon) isn't an option simply because I don't want to pay more than $60 a month for a phone (500 minutes, unlimited messaging, and 2GB a month of data is enough for me).

Anyway, stuff I don't care about:
-Camera quality, since I have a nice PaS camera and rarely use my phone for that reason
-Some phones having MHL, I'll barely use HDMI as it is
-Higher resolution screen, I can just lower the screen density and be set
-Sense/TouchWiz/etc., I highly prefer vanilla/CM7 Android
-Super light/thin/etc. - anything thinner/lighter than my G2 with case is fine by me
-Video codec support and whatnot - I hear Tegra can't display some videos unlike other CPU's, but I don't want much video (especially high-res stuff) so don't care too much
-3D - as much as I'd like it, my only option with T-Mobile would be one version of the Optimus 3D that would set me back about $550

That being said...any phone other than the G2x that I should consider (and why)? Also, any place I can get the phone cheaper than T-Mobile? Amazon Wireless sometimes has good deals on phones, but it doesn't even show the G2x as an option.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Right now in TMo, the G2X is right up your alley. It has everything you need based on what you are looking for.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usapana_098