New tablet speaker rattle?

Greenenvey

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello just got the new tab s4 a couple weeks ago, I'm having a very bad speaker rattle / vibration... it's quite bad , is anyone else experiencing this? I'm going to exchange it if its not a common issue. Thanks

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I think there's only a few users on here that own one of those.

Personally I would get it exchanged before it's too late to do so in store. Those are advertised as having great speakers, I doubt the rattle is common.

NickinVA

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello just got the new tab s4 a couple weeks ago, I'm having a very bad speaker rattle / vibration... it's quite bad , is anyone else experiencing this? I'm going to exchange it if its not a common issue. Thanks
Sounds defective, the sound is quite good.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
There's no rattle on mine, but this thing sounds like **** compared to my old S3. Bass is lacking (both have Atmos turned on) and I've listened to them side by side together playing the same music. Disappointing because the S3 had GREAT sound.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Why are most reviewers saying it has excellent sound, better than the S3? Maybe you have a defective one too.

I'm yet to watch a review where the reviewer compared the S4 side by side with the S3 so that's probably why. On it's own it sounds fine and if I didn't have my old S3 on hand to compare I probably would not have noticed the difference.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
The buzz drives me nuts but I think it sounds good.. did you go into sound settings and adjust the sounds?

I didn't do anything except turn on dolby atmos (I've also tried it without). I left the equalizer as is, and both tablets are on identical audio settings.

Honestly, the Tab S4 still does sound very good, and very clear. It's just that the Tab S3 is just as clear, but also has more bass. It's very noticeable when playing the intro music from Game of Thrones.

I don't think my unit if defective as I said, it still sounds good. And if I didn't have my Tab S3 on hand I'd consider the speakers on this thing 10/10.

BullwinkleMoose

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
He didn't actually do a sound comparison though did he? Unless I missed it. He simply said it sounded better, but he didn't actually play any sounds or music on either of them.

Another review i saw did a better sound test. I'll see if i can find it...

BullwinkleMoose

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I can't find it now. He played sound on the tab s4 for quite a while to test it and he liked it. I've watched and read quite a few reviews of the s4 and i haven't seen any that spoke of a speaker buzz, and i think most if not all said the sound was better than the s3 (i just have s2's). At any rate if you, Greenway, have a "buzz that drives you nuts" don't put up with it. It is a lemon. Return it!

276, you are the first I've seen that adjudicates the s4 sound slightly inferior to the s3. I was hoping it was really much better. I did at one time compare the S3 with an Ipad Pro - but it wasn't really a fair comparison because it was the 12.9 ipad pro, and it did have much better and louder sound, but the Ipad 10.5 vs. S3 would have been a fairer test.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carybaker