new to android ID entery

chiefhowie

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm newbee
I found an LG Omtimus ls 760 phone on the side of the road.
I charged it and when I turn it on it ask for an ID
I have a usb cable that works.
I would just like to use it for fun things, not a phone.
Can I jailbreak it

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm newbee
Can I jailbreak it

If it has the new version of the screen, I'm pretty sure you found Zefie's phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: shortyjacobs

timkaetzel

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm newbee
Can I jailbreak it

Yes.

Go to Menu, Settings, About Phone, then look at the baseband value.
If it ends in VC, use this: http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...-guide-rooting-software-version-ls670zvc.html

If it ends in VD, use this: http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...-guide-rooting-software-version-ls670zvd.html

If it ends in anything else, use this: http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/43108-how-root-lg-optimus-s.html

Or, ya know, you could return it to its rightful owner, since Big Brother is watching. ;)

chiefhowie

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't know who the owner is. It had no battery when I found it. I ask RS guy to test it. screen says install an ID. so I bought a battery so I could play with it. use it as a mp3 player. I don't use a cell phone, netbook.

javascriptvoid

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't know who the owner is. It had no battery when I found it. I ask RS guy to test it. screen says install an ID. so I bought a battery so I could play with it. use it as a mp3 player. I don't use a cell phone, netbook.

i would say this is a pretty bad idea to just use this phone as a mp3 player. the battery is horrible in this phone.your lucky if you get 8 hrs out of this. i would just sell it and buy a zune

nikc4

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
i would say this is a pretty bad idea to just use this phone as a mp3 player. the battery is horrible in this phone.your lucky if you get 8 hrs out of this. i would just sell it and buy a zune

I'm sorry, did you say that the battery sucks in this thing? It's a great battery, and I can stream audio for 8 hours and still have some battery left. And I've done so. That being said, i still wouldn't use this as a dedicated mp3 player, because the audio jack isn't that great. I would recommend the zune, as this guy said, or the samsung p3, which is my personal favorite. you might wanna check out anythingbutipod.com and look at their "best players of 2010" list, pretty informative.

krakmunkey

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
screen says install an ID.

The ID it is asking you to install is one of the Sprint ID its like a default setup including different apps. Just pick one you think you might like. If you decide to root and run one of the many ROMs available you wont be using this option anyways. Also if you install a launcher like launcherpro or go launcher you will not be using the Sprint ID.

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
The ID it is asking you to install is one of the Sprint ID its like a default setup including different apps. Just pick one you think you might like. If you decide to root and run one of the many ROMs available you wont be using this option anyways. Also if you install a launcher like launcherpro or go launcher you will not be using the Sprint ID.

Sprint ID packs can only be downloaded over Sprint's network, no WiFi. Honestly if the OP wants a media player, get a Zune or an iPod.

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Right thing to do would be to contact Sprint and have them check the ESN on it, see if you can't get it back to the person that owned it. Seems odd though that it would have no battery and require an ID to be installed, that sounds like someone tried to do a data wipe on it after stealing it, couldn't get it working, and then decided to just cut their losses and run with the battery.

nikc4

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Curious do you mean sound, durability, or both?

Sound. It seems to be durable, but i don't abuse it. I'm a little bit of an audiophile, and this doesn't quite match up to my Samsung P3. It's good for streaming though, since the sound quality on streaming is low anyway. If you have a cloud based system or online streaming site, it should work just fine.

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Right thing to do would be to contact Sprint and have them check the ESN on it, see if you can't get it back to the person that owned it. Seems odd though that it would have no battery and require an ID to be installed, that sounds like someone tried to do a data wipe on it after stealing it, couldn't get it working, and then decided to just cut their losses and run with the battery.

Perhaps. Although I almost did that do my HTC Hero. I ##786# it but I calmed down before it finished, it was almost in the Saline River in Benton AR. :p

No idea why someone would discard the Optimus though. It makes your story more viable.

My hoodie hasn't deep pockets so I'm always paranoid I'm going to drop my phone or wallet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear