Newbie here needs some help with creating/separating folders/files........

tsouzee

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys. New to the site. I just received my Nexus 4 (awesome phone). I previously had a Motorola Atrix on Android 2.3.

Here is my issue: I can't figure out how to separate photos and videos in the gallery. All photos and videos are all under the pictures folder, and it annoys me. I tried everything but can't figure it out on how to separate them. I was also able to create my own 'voicenotes' folder on the homescreen with my Atrix, but am unable to do so on the Nexus 4.

On my Motorola Atrix, I was able to set it up so that the pics I snapped were in the photo album, and the videos were separated in the video album.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hello guys. New to the site. I just received my Nexus 4 (awesome phone). I previously had a Motorola Atrix on Android 2.3.

Here is my issue: I can't figure out how to separate photos and videos in the gallery. All photos and videos are all under the pictures folder, and it annoys me. I tried everything but can't figure it out on how to separate them. I was also able to create my own 'voicenotes' folder on the homescreen with my Atrix, but am unable to do so on the Nexus 4.

On my Motorola Atrix, I was able to set it up so that the pics I snapped were in the photo album, and the videos were separated in the video album.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

i dont know have the nex 4 but you could just use a file manager, create a new folder, name it whatever you want and move the files into that folder creating a new album, this can be done from the device. or you can plug into your computer and just do it from your pc

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
i dont know have the nex 4 but you could just use a file manager, create a new folder, name it whatever you want and move the files into that folder creating a new album, this can be done from the device. or you can plug into your computer and just do it from your pc

+1 I did this from my PC

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2