Newbie needs help with root on Photon

arcoms

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys... deciding whether or not to root my Photon 4G. The thought of having to wait so long for ICS is driving me nuts and I figured I could flash CM9 on it. Which shouldn't be a problem. Except I am a total newbie and pretty much need step by step instructions cause I don't know anything about rooting and flashing roms. Any help would greatly be appreciated!

willistheyounger

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys... deciding whether or not to root my Photon 4G. The thought of having to wait so long for ICS is driving me nuts and I figured I could flash CM9 on it. Which shouldn't be a problem. Except I am a total newbie and pretty much need step by step instructions cause I don't know anything about rooting and flashing roms. Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Use this walk through it is a sticky on these forums
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ph...-root-motorola-photon-4g-without-hd-dock.html

XxNitr0xX

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Not to hijack your thread, but I'm a first time rooter as well. I'm trying to figure out how to add clockworkmod. I used qbking's video to root, but I'm stumped with the CWM. Is it possible to flash ICS, etc without the clockworkmod??

Thanks,guys.