Nexus 10: 16gb vs 32gb

tawfiqmp

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
$100 more for 16GB is just so expensive :/. I mean, the device itself is cheap for the great specs, and $500 for the 32GB N10 alone isn't shabby--but when you're only getting a little more memory for a lot more money, it's just silly. Even the iPad doesn't have a $100 cost discrepancy b/t the 16/32 (granted, it is $100 more in general).

Then again, I was/am totally fine paying $50 for 8GB more on the 16GB N7... but 8GB is like unusable lol.

Precisely the reason why I didn't go with 32. I wasn't going to pay $100 for extra space and then the space just sit around the entire time I own it. I'm more of a cloud user anyway, but I think getting 16 will be fine for me. I never really ran out of space with any of my other 16GB tablets when I owned them.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The one thing I think you are forgeting about is the multi user functionality with 4.2 and what impact that might have on storage. Depending on how it is handled it could be insignificant.

What I can say from experience with my xoom though is simply if you do much with video's then you can even burn through 32GB in no time. I am starting to wonder if the way to go is a external WiFi stroage device like segate go flex?

thehatguy

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
However, it would be nice if one of the memory vendors would release one of these with a native micro USB interface so a person wouldn't need to bother with the OTG dongle.

Amazon.com: SanDisk Cruzer Fit CZ33 32GB USB Flash Drive (SDCZ33-032G-B35): Computers & Accessories

-Suntan

I'll be receiving this next month. It will be an easier way to move data from/to my Nexus 10 and S4.

Mini MicroSD Reader for Android Smartphones & Tablets by Andy & Rich — Kickstarter

John