Nexus 4, After s4 and HTC one. Still a good phone to purchase?

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
If it's subjective then that doesn't explain why I've seen several people remark to you that you complain more excessively than usual.
Doesn't seem to stop me from getting likes and thanked. Apparently not everyone is upset about it.

"Excessively" is subjective. This is a discussion forum, not a pep rally. There is no requirement that only positive things can be said about a phone. And frankly, I do not get what the big deal is...if "excessive complaining" bothers you, just put the complainers on ignore. Everyone is happy. Right?

I don't think you're capable of being satisfied with any existing smartphone
Then why continue to debate it with me? What is the point of complaining about it? What do you think it will accomplish?

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't seem to stop me from getting likes and thanked. Apparently not everyone is upset about it.

This isn't a popularity contest, of course there will be some who agree with you, it's a large and active community. I can apply your argument towards the same likes/thanks people have been giving to people that have debated against you.

"Excessively" is subjective. This is a discussion forum, not a pep rally
Just so.

There is no requirement that only positive things can be said about a phone. And frankly, I do not get what the big deal is...if "excessive complaining" bothers you, just put the complainers on ignore. Everyone is happy. Right?
I'm not that bothered about it. I actually was a little annoyed last week. If truth be told, until I read your recent arguments in the other thread entitled "iOS 7 vs. Android" I was convinced you were trolling. I no longer feel that's the case, but I still maintain the view that you do spend an inordinate amount of time complaining about the N4, and haven't offered a counter phone that you feel IS a satisfactory alternative. Hence why I can't understand the point of complaining so much when it's not going to change anything. Although I'm grateful as well, because those people who DO buy another phone and then come back to their former phone's forum to complain about it constantly are actually even worse!

Then why continue to debate it with me? What is the point of complaining about it? What do you think it will accomplish?

Now you're just being cheeky on purpose.

Anyway, I actually think your posts and points in that other thread are excellent. You dissected the arguments there exceedingly well. But in the Nexus 4 forum, I do still think you go overboard. I realize you think it's just me, but you appear reasonable/rational enough to recognize I'm not the only person who's openly remarked about it. I also disagree with many of your criticisms of this phone. Not because I think they're all "wrong" because obviously that IS subjective, but because the undertone to many of them suggests that you feel they apply as points of fact rather than points of your own personal taste. Maybe you have tried to make that clear, but I think it gets lost or buried compared with the sheer volume of your personal complaints of it vs any positive things you've had to say about it.

Perhaps you'll be willing to compromise that we both have a point and you'll eventually tone it down, but even should you choose to continue with the same volume of negative criticisms of this phone, I'll let my thoughts about it remain summed up with this post.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
This isn't a popularity contest
I was simply demonstrating that a lot of people on here do not seem to view my "negativity" as a bad thing. Your opinion of me is not necessarily shared by everyone else. .

I'm not that bothered about it. I actually was a little annoyed last week. If truth be told, until I read your recent arguments in the other thread entitled "iOS 7 vs. Android" I was convinced you were trolling. I no longer feel that's the case
That is my point. One some issues I will be critical and on others I will not be. I only look critical because all the posts of mine you saw were the critical ones.

There have been lots of other threads on here where I have said nice things about the Nexus 4. Obviously I love the phone. I have recommended that people buy it lots of times. But it is not perfect. I don't think it is trolling to point out or discuss it's flaws.

It is the best phone you can get right now right this second. That is why I cannot point to any better alternatives. That does not mean it is perfect or has no flaws...it just means that at this moment there is no other phone that is (IMO) a better choice.

Perhaps you'll be willing to compromise that we both have a point and you'll eventually tone it down
That is unlikely to happen. For some reason the way I speak ticks people off. Even when I am not being insulting. I am blunt and direct and do not pad my opinions to spare feelings. IMO it is ridiculous to tie your self-worth to a piece of technology you bought. But a lot of people on here seem to do exactly that.

Whatever it is, I am not going to change it. It's how I talk. The people who are annoyed by it have the option of putting me on ignore and not listening to it.

illiniah

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Great phone, get it right away. I can afford any phone and the N4 is what I chose. Most responsive screen, no Samsung lag, great size (phones are getting too large), the best battery life I have ever had - make it through the day with ease. Tmobile coverage is great everywhere I travel in the US. Having a GSM phone is great for international travel - pop in a local microsim and go.

I get 15 MB down on T-Mobile, faster than Sprint LTE speeds (I have an S3 also) throughout DC.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app