Nexus 4 - Android 4.3 Update. Urgent Help Please

sukku1

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Attempted updating my Nexus 4 for android 4.3. It did not update yesterday despite wiping the cache partition. The device did not power on and was showing the booting X.

Today morning after clearing the cache partition it loaded 4.3 and powered on. However when the device was off and powered it on, it again did not boot and again shows booting X.

To fix this, should I attempt adb sideload android 4.2.2? Or should I attempt adb sideload android 4.3? When I attempt adb sideload, is there a risk that all the data will get wiped out? Can anything else be done to power the device on without wiping the data?

Help will be much appreciated

Thanks

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Just side load 4.2.2, 4.3 is having a significant amount of issues. As for data, it might be lost during the flash but I'm not positive. I'm pretty sure it will though.

Sent from my wonderful completely customized galaxy s3 running CyanogenMod 10.1.2

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Sideloading wouldn't remove your data but I would recommend factory image restoring you device as it will clean your whole phone and will be all fresh meaning you should not experience anymore problems

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KrystalMcclain