Nexus 4 Bumper Ordered December 11th Status and tracking

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Are you kidding me? They had them for sale again and sold out again? Google is a joke.

A large part of the problem is failure on Google's part to place and enforce order quantity limitations. Given the speed with which the first run sold through, and the large number of those original sales being flipped for immense profit, Google should - knowing they would be offering another limited supply - have restricted orders of bumpers to no more than 1 bumper plus 1 additional bumper per Nexus 4 device that that account-holder has ordered through Google Play (this isn't perfect, but it allows for some accommodation to those, such as myself, who purchased theirs elsewhere (e.g., from a carrier)).

As it stands, someone could (and likely many did) order a quantity of, say, 50 units, purely for profiteering. Given there's no cause for Google to be concerned at this point over being 'stuck' with unsold inventory, allowing this has no upside for Google. A single person is thereby depriving 50 legitimate end-users of the bumper at true availability and retail price, further causing frustration, and extenuating the demand even further, helping those resellers to extort even higher prices.

Unless Google chooses to do something as above or to better anticipate demand (they could easily have set an initial order for bumpers to cover several times their initial supply of devices, knowing they would sell them in time), we can expect the next lot to largely be similarly hijacked by eBayers, and the same for future device sets as well.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I been using the bumper almost a day and it feels nice. I only wish it had more grip to it. It does seem like it will provide better fall protection and gives it a nice look, the chrome band is a nice touch. I no longer have to worry about my phone falling off flat surfaces mysteriously and don't have to worry about it getting scratched when putting it down.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I kinda don't like the added width. If anyone wants a mint nexus bumper used for ten minutes let me know.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

NexusOneto4

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
A large part of the problem is failure on Google's part to place and enforce order quantity limitations. Given the speed with which the first run sold through, and the large number of those original sales being flipped for immense profit, Google should - knowing they would be offering another limited supply - have restricted orders of bumpers to no more than 1 bumper plus 1 additional bumper per Nexus 4 device that that account-holder has ordered through Google Play (this isn't perfect, but it allows for some accommodation to those, such as myself, who purchased theirs elsewhere (e.g., from a carrier)).

As it stands, someone could (and likely many did) order a quantity of, say, 50 units, purely for profiteering. Given there's no cause for Google to be concerned at this point over being 'stuck' with unsold inventory, allowing this has no upside for Google. A single person is thereby depriving 50 legitimate end-users of the bumper at true availability and retail price, further causing frustration, and extenuating the demand even further, helping those resellers to extort even higher prices.

Unless Google chooses to do something as above or to better anticipate demand (they could easily have set an initial order for bumpers to cover several times their initial supply of devices, knowing they would sell them in time), we can expect the next lot to largely be similarly hijacked by eBayers, and the same for future device sets as well.

I see what you mean. There's some douche on Ebay selling like 10 of them. Same picture and location with $10 shipping. Probably doesn't even own the phone either. Pretty annoying but he's just using what Google is allowing.

KathyJN

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I was shocked to see the massive size of the box that the bumper shipped in. At first I thought it was my replacement phone, because the box is the same size as the two I'd gotten - way too big for a bumper. I guess Google figured it was easier to have a ton of pre-made boxes all the same size. Perhaps it partly explains the exorbitant shipping cost!

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
My bumper was ordered on the 11th and "shipped" on the 12th. I've had the UPS yellow box of death since. Third device order through Google Play. Third time this has happened. Their answer to me questioning it? "Oh, just wait another 24 hours and check again." It's absolutely ridiculous.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej