Venting About T-Mobile and Why I Cancelled My Order

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Remember, the point of the pre-order was to get the Gear VR headset, not necessarily to get the phone early. I do understand not wanting to pre-order if you're not going to get the phone on or before launch day, but you have to decide if the free headset is worth the extra wait for the phone.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Remember, the point of the pre-order was to get the Gear VR headset, not necessarily to get the phone early. I do understand not wanting to pre-order if you're not going to get the phone on or before launch day, but you have to decide if the free headset is worth the extra wait for the phone.

Those things do go hand in hand. It seems that if I don't get the phone early, then I won't get the VR (if quantities are limited).

Posted via the Android Central App

redtailed

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Not defending t-mobile but chase could be the one lying, you never know. T-Mobile has more to gain by selling you the phone

Bah. I pre-ordered mine 3/1 in store and it is still back ordered and the status is processing.

as soon as one preordered they should have reserved one for you and shipped it with the phone.

rkkeller

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Hey I am sorry it happened, but I highly doubt T-mobile singled you out and for no reason cancelled your order then lied to you about it.

I had something like this happen a few years back when I was with Sprint and ended up getting my phone a week after the main release. So I know your frustration, but things happen. I was mad as all heck, but nothing Sprint could do as all the first wave of phones were taken.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey I am sorry it happened, but I highly doubt T-mobile singled you out and for no reason cancelled your order then lied to you about it.

I had something like this happen a few years back when I was with Sprint and ended up getting my phone a week after the main release. So I know your frustration, but things happen. I was mad as all heck, but nothing Sprint could do as all the first wave of phones were taken.

Yea it would be stupid to believe that I was singled out, but I guess frustration got the better of me. I was upset when Chase declined the transaction, but even angrier when T-Mobile cancelled my order a week later. I've since calmed down a bit, and I'll try to get this resolved. I know I want this over the 6P, so I guess I'll figure out a way to get it.

Morris Hanley

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I pre ordered from T-Mobile on Feb.25th and received my phones on March 3rd, I ordered two S7 Edge and used my Chase Credit card and had no problems at all, you should reorder because this is a killer phone and there is minimal T-Mobile Bloatware on it. Sounds like you just had a stretch of bad luck. To get that extra offer Samsung makes you jump through all kinds of hoops like sending them your sales receipt and then it takes from 4 to 6 weeks just to get a verification back and then I bet another 4 to 6 weeks to get the merchandise from them. Not sure it is worth the garbage.

DorjeVajra SWTORCGR

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Reply don't do it there is a reason I cant post links but google consumer affairs Tmobile issues.

I'm having the opposite problem didn't order till March 17th was told prob get mine around 30 or 31st which is understandable basically i was at the bottom of the que. After three days of refusing to provide me with the original FAQ sheet for the BOGO I expressed my concern and my desire to cancel the order. Not shortly after i get an email from Tmobile stating my order was shipped. I called the number on the Order status sheet I was sent. Asked for a supervisor asked 1) why my order was shipped when I expressed I wanted to cancel. He said he wasn't sure why. I told him I wanted to cael my order and stop the shipment he said he couldn't cause it was already shipped which was a lie. I called UPS prior to calling him they said a Label was created an request for shipment made that it wasn't picked up. Told him that he said he would check and said I was right it was at the ware house waiting shipment. I told him to please stop the shipment and I already expressed I wanted to cancel and now shortly after my order is processed for shipment? I want my order cancelled it hasn't left the ware house. He said he couldn't I said how convenient that my order is processed for shipment right after I am telling them about canceling my order. 2) I asked him how my order was all of a sudden available for shipment when I only just placed it on order on the 17th am low on the que priority he said wow you ordered on the 17th yeah i'm not sure how your order got pushed up so fast there is a serious back order he agreed something wasnt right and he really wanted to help me but the way the system is set up he couldn't stop the order he recommended when I receive it to open the box and use the return label inside. I told him there is no way I am receiving the order I will refuse the order and request return to sender. Since when would a company send a return label with a new order. More red flags if I had opened the shipping box and received it they could charge me restocking fee.

I then remember reading a few days back how someone was excited seeing his equipment was shipped then next say it said 10 to 14 days. Ok I'm thinking the more like you want to keep it the longer it takes when a customer tries to cancel they grab someone else's order delays theirs and puts it on your to keep you from cancelling.

I called my bank to cancel my cqard so I wouldn't get charged anything else by Tmobile till they fix this. With so many people back ordered way ahead of me on que they make them wait when they want the phones and are waiting for a long time but I want to cancel so they rush my order so I can't cancel when I no longer want it as I don't trust Tmobile anymore.

I contacted my bank they said you have a good case and we have heard similar issues with Tmobile and your situation warrants a reverse charge but unfortunately they can't because it is a debit/credit card they could only do that with a regular credit card. Lesson learned don't use debit cards with credit card logos you are not protected only use Paypal or straight up credit cards.

I would consider your self lucky, odds are it came back as fraud because of numerous reverse charge claims against Tmobile.

If you really wanted them and are comfortable with Tmobile wish you could have my 2 phones being shipped and I could opt out. This is probably going to drag our a month before I get my money back.

BTW it's still too early to say regarding the 300,000 VR thing it sounds like they are going to try and honor people even if they go over 300,000 but it's not clear they did push the registration to April 15. I don;t think they expected sales to be as high as it is.Samsung is usually fair about their promos. People who havent already received the VR are now looking at May or June but they are offering $100 gift certificate instead of the VR for those not wanting to wait. Now that how to do business.

DorjeVajra SWTORCGR

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I have credit cards but I tend to save them just for emergencies. I only spend money I have these days easier not to get inot trouble when you are debt free.

Personally I have never ran into an issue ordering things as I am careful who I order from and normally use paypal first. This is the first time I have ever ordered from a big company such as Tmobile where I have been charged for an order I wanted canceled. I was gonna cancel supervisor told me to goto the corporate store and ask them to print the details for the bogo offer that they would even credit me the $10 for the trouble of having to go to the store. Which I replied ok but if the can't provide a sheet with the details I will be canceling my order and he agreed. It even all got written on my account. 2 hours later I get an email alert I check and my order was processed. Not a good way to do business with someone that is just starting with a company. When a company mistakenly ( or purposely processes an order ) where it is documented in the account notes that if the customer cannot get a copy from corporate store tomorrow he will be canceling his order and we are crediting him $10 for the trouble of having to go to the store to get a copy of then BOGO details. Now because of their mistake I have to wait for the package which I refused and requested return to sender from the time they receive it I have to wait another 5 to 10 days from that time before they reverse the charge they weren't authorized to make in the first place. Just got off the phone today with a supervisor he looked over my notes on my account and agreed no one should have processed that order and I had every right to be upset he put a lot of elevated notes on it to make sure nothing else went wrong and high priority as well as gifting me with a certificate for the hassle i had to go through as well as the adress for the corporate office. In the past 20 years I have never had to deal with this sort of issues especially from such a large company as Tmobile and forced to wait so long for the return of funds that wrongfully got processed. Maybe I just had bad luck with them and this isn't the normal thing. But it would mean I have been unlucky all the way through 4 straight days of trying to get something as simple as the details on the prom for which I made the purchase in the first place and having my order processed when they were supposed to put my order on hold till the next day. Not the type of back to back situation I would feel comfortable when trying to sign up with a company as a new customer. Ironically there are a lot of people that ordered way before me still waiting for their orders then someone like me who ordered on the last day of the offer gets his way too early when cancel notes were placed on my order. Just saying felt I was obligated to share with the community and do my part on informing people. I believe they will eventually get my money back I was smart enough to cancel my card so no more "mistaken" charges were made on it. But honestly i shouldn't have to wait for money to be put back in my account when I refused the package it it clearly states that on the tracking info.

Kristysangels

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Dude...this phone is not going to sale like hotcakes. I mean if you really want to save $$ wait 4 months and pick up a used on Swappa and buy a VR. Exaple: Tmobile wants $800 for the S6E+ I can get a mint version for $535 add sales tax savings to that and the deal cant be beat.

Actually it was already on back order after the first day of presales because it's selling so fast.
But, the problem with buying used is you don't know what has been done to the phone previously and there is no warranty.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I saw this thread on the "trending" section, figured I'd pipe in on this part. I have the 6P and I can say that I have zero concern about the phone overheating during gaming. I played the entirety of the original Monument Valley without break (took about an hour) and never felt that the phone was getting too hot.

I don't mean any offense by this, but I'm curious if there are as many Samsung owners who go to the Nexus forums to brag about the Galaxy as a superior device to the Nexus. I see Nexus owners here all the time boasting about why their phone is superior to a Galaxy phone.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Yeah. There's always that one person on every site in every thread who goes around boasting about their device or putting down something else. Some people have nothing better to do with their time than to play on the Internet.

Plus you have to remember there are a lot of kids or teenagers on here some of which are not that mature. I have been a member of these sites a long time and have seen many types of people. Most of the people on here are quite helpful and fun to chat with. That's why I continue to visit.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't mean any offense by this, but I'm curious if there are as many Samsung owners who go to the Nexus forums to brag about the Galaxy as a superior device to the Nexus. I see Nexus owners here all the time boasting about why their phone is superior to a Galaxy phone.

No offense taken, but if it weren't for people like me that look at threads that interest them no matter what section they're in, unfounded rumors of devices overheating would run rampant. I just contributed personal experience to refute an assumption about a device that was based on old reporting and a different generation of the SOC than is in the device.

Yeah. There's always that one person on every site in every thread who goes around boasting about their device or putting down something else. Some people have nothing better to do with their time than to play on the Internet.

Plus you have to remember there are a lot of kids or teenagers on here some of which are not that mature. I have been a member of these sites a long time and have seen many types of people. Most of the people on here are quite helpful and fun to chat with. That's why I continue to visit.

Of which I'm neither but thanks for the insight. I'm sorry if you thought my personal experience with my device (which is a different device than yours but which was referenced in this thread) was different than your (or someone's) assumption of how the device would perform but that assumption lacked personal experience, which I was happy to provide and was why I chose to post once I was drawn to the thread. I wasn't dissing the S7, I was just responding to a dis on the Nexus 6P, that wouldn't have been responded to if people who don't have an S7 weren't allowed to post in the S7 section.

If you don't want people with other devices in your precious Galaxy S7 forum, ask the mods to password-protect it. Until then, I'll post in whatever threads I want and contribute constructively (which I felt I was doing), regardless of what forum the post is in.

I don't make it a point to come in the S7 section, but if I see a trending or unanswered topic that interests me and I can contribute constructively (even to refute unsubstantiated rumors) I'll do it, regardless of the section.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Problem with you no. I never even said anything to you or about you. Your the one who quoted my post. A post by the way was not even about you or had anything to do with you.

You are the one who got defensive saying you can post wherever you want. Which is true.

Now. Drop it and move on. This has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Problem with you no. I never even said anything to you or about you. Your the one who quoted my post. A post by the way was not even about you or had anything to do with you.

You are the one who got defensive saying you can post wherever you want. Which is true.

Now. Drop it and move on. This has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Fine drop it. But I will say that your post seemed to be in response to one that quoted mine and was asking if Samsung owners were in the Nexus sections boasting about their devices. So yes, I DO believe your post was about me. Look back, it's all there...