Nexus 4 in Denmark

cosminlupu

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello Android Central,

I am a long time iPhone user, but I want a change so I was thinking of buying the Nexus 4. I currently live in Denmark and the price for it now is more or less 450 GBP for the 8 gb version, which is too much. I may have the possibility to ask somebody from UK to buy it for me (directly from the UK google play) and send it. The only problem which I am concerned about is with the warranty.

I have read many posts and threads here of people having different problems and sending them back. If my friend buys it for me and I have a problem, would be I be able to talk to LG/Google directly or will I have to send the phone to my friend and he will have to take care of all the discussions? If it's the second then that's not so good.

Thanks for your help!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello Android Central,

I am a long time iPhone user, but I want a change so I was thinking of buying the Nexus 4. I currently live in Denmark and the price for it now is more or less 450 GBP for the 8 gb version, which is too much. I may have the possibility to ask somebody from UK to buy it for me (directly from the UK google play) and send it. The only problem which I am concerned about is with the warranty.

I have read many posts and threads here of people having different problems and sending them back. If my friend buys it for me and I have a problem, would be I be able to talk to LG/Google directly or will I have to send the phone to my friend and he will have to take care of all the discussions? If it's the second then that's not so good.

Thanks for your help!

If google sells it in Denmark I do not see why they would not help you if you have an issue. LG is a back up as they will help after Google.

On another note I am coming to Denmark (Copenhagen) in August. I plan to bring my Nexus 4. Can you recommend any pre paid SIM's to use while I am there? Thanks in advance.

cosminlupu

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Google doesn't sell it in Denmark through the Play Store. You can only find it at one phone carrier and one electronics store, but as I said above, the prices are ridiculous high, that's why I was thinking having someone buy one for me from UK and send it here.

The prepaid SIM I used here is from Lebara. There is an option you can get and for 140 kr / month ( 18 euro) you can have 3 hour talk time in Denmark, 3 hour international talk time, 500 MB of data and free sms in Denmark. You can read more details here, if you translate with google translate: Lebara Mobile .

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Google doesn't sell it in Denmark through the Play Store. You can only find it at one phone carrier and one electronics store, but as I said above, the prices are ridiculous high, that's why I was thinking having someone buy one for me from UK and send it here.

The prepaid SIM I used here is from Lebara. There is an option you can get and for 140 kr / month ( 18 euro) you can have 3 hour talk time in Denmark, 3 hour international talk time, 500 MB of data and free sms in Denmark. You can read more details here, if you translate with google translate: Lebara Mobile .

Thank you for the SIM card info. I am looking forward to visiting your country!

If google does not sell it in the play store in Denmark, I am certain that LG would service the product if a problem comes up. Luckily, I have not had any issues with my Nexus. I have a friend who bought one from craigslist and not the playstore and they (google) still helped him when he has an issue. Not sure if dealing with google in the UK is a viable plan from Denmark.

cosminlupu

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I've read some other discussions on other forums and it seems that LG doesn't provide warranty in Denmark for Nexus 4, if I buy it from the UK. I would have to send it back to my friend in UK and he would take care of all the rest of the details. And that is quite a problem. I will try to contact Google DK, to see what their official response is, regarding this.

erdemnino

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Heya Cosminlupu!

I am in similar position - would like to switch from iPhone to Nexus 4.

Did you find out about the guaratee terms?

I also have a friend in UK who could ship it to me, but I would not like to be dependent on him continue servicing my device.

Thanks a bunch!

/ Erdem

Emanuel Greisen

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I have been trying for a while purchasing it in the UK and have it sent to our offices there, to one of our employees there and Google keep cancelling the order. It is possible to buy the Nexus devices from Dustin - but as the first post stated the price is outrageous...

I have tried to find UK/German sites that sell Nexus devices and ship within EU - the best I have found for now is:

Mobile Phones MP3iPodMobiles - Google Nexus 4 (Black) 16GB Quad-Core Android 4.2 Sim Free / Unlocked

Have anyone else found better (with respect to price) sites / solutions?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klesun