Nexus 4 Issues: Are they sorted out?

BoxcarJoe

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I just received a call from my uncle that my Nexus 4 has been delivered today. I live in India and will be getting the phone on the 25th of this month and getting a warranty service will be impossible once the phone comes down here!

I just wanted to confirm that the backlight bleeding, heating, call drop and the crackling issues have been sorted out in the latest revision?

All those users who have received the phone in the past week, could you guys confirm if the batch is good, or are the above issues still persistent in the latest batch?

If there are problems, could you please list them out, so that I can ask my uncle to check those issues carefully.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I got mine a few weeks ago and have none of the issues you listed. I doubt that most people did, regardless of when they ordered. Forums tend to make a small number of problems appear to be widespread. It's because anyone that has an issue comes here to complain.

KwietStorm

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Its an electronic device. Some people are going to have "faulty" units and some are not. Asking if specific issues have been sorted out isn't going to return a conclusive answer, because I'm sure some people have issues that others never did. For example, I've had mine since late November, and I know nothing of heating, backlight bleed, or call drops.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well those are just faulty. The only thing they fixed I think is how easy the glass breaks as someone said before int he rev-11 issue?
I'm still getting crackling in the earpiece as are a lot of people.

littleemp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I just received a call from my uncle that my Nexus 4 has been delivered today. I live in India and will be getting the phone on the 25th of this month and getting a warranty service will be impossible once the phone comes down here!

I just wanted to confirm that the backlight bleeding, heating, call drop and the crackling issues have been sorted out in the latest revision?

All those users who have received the phone in the past week, could you guys confirm if the batch is good, or are the above issues still persistent in the latest batch?

If there are problems, could you please list them out, so that I can ask my uncle to check those issues carefully.

You could just have your uncle open the box and inspect it to make sure it's working. Just a thought.

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

Ordered November 30th' received phone week ago, phone is perfect, no problems. If you don't want the phone then I'll buy it from you!!!

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Well those are just faulty. The only thing they fixed I think is how easy the glass breaks as someone said before int he rev-11 issue?

Not me, I have ear buds and audio technical studio head phones and sound is great!

Brody12

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I used navigation for 10 minutes and the phone got heated up to 111 F. Is that normal ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Had mine for 2 weeks and it's been great. It does heat up a little bit, but not much more than my SGS2. The GPS and gaming is the usual culprit. The screen and glass is gorgeous.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

Mine is from the first batch.

I haven't had backlight bleeding, the phone does heat up sometimes when doing certain things (Google Maps navigation for example), never had a call drop (pretty sure that'd be more related to your carrier and their reception) and never had crackling issues either.

The only real negative I'd say about the phone is that it has less than impressive battery life. Having owned it over a month now, the battery life kind of sucks and I don't know why.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

BoxcarJoe

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
You could just have your uncle open the box and inspect it to make sure it's working. Just a thought.

Haha and I posted this just to have an idea for specific issues. He may not notice the backlight bleeding, but if it exists I'm gonna have a serious problem with that!

Yeah I have asked him to open it and use it for a week and look out for any issues.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Haha and I posted this just to have an idea for specific issues. He may not notice the backlight bleeding, but if it exists I'm gonna have a serious problem with that!

Yeah I have asked him to open it and use it for a week and look out for any issues.
hopefully he doesn't drop it :eek:

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

there's no way of knowing if they have been sorted out. the chance for a defect is always there. for anything... those issues were rare to begin with, except the earpiece crackling. my original has it, and i later requested 2 replacements and they both had it as well... its really not that bad though, but it seems very common.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
yep same. did you try to get a different one or are just gonna stick with it? i went through 2 more replacements, and they both had it as well (in addition to a "yellower" screen)... ended up just sticking with the original.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
One thing I am disappointed with is the quality of the audio via the aux out and bluetooth connections. It's very low in volume and tinny sounding. Hope software will fix it.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
yep same. did you try to get a different one or are just gonna stick with it? i went through 2 more replacements, and they both had it as well (in addition to a "yellower" screen)... ended up just sticking with the original.

lol. Well i sent a replacement for the unglittery back and the earpiece and the shaking in the phone (which is said to be the auto focus) but if I get another one with crackling ear piece, well sucks for me. Hoping its a software thing then because everyone is getting it

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
lol. Well i sent a replacement for the unglittery back and the earpiece and the shaking in the phone (which is said to be the auto focus) but if I get another one with crackling ear piece, well sucks for me. Hoping its a software thing then because everyone is getting it

It's not software, that just doesn't make sense. Many claim not to have it. By shaking do you mean rattle? They all have that... Unglittery back? Weird...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goodweather2024