Nexus 4 LTE option

Qbancelli

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
The fact is that Google and LG sent the phone to the FCC without a working LTE radio, only HSPA+.

WRONG!

Nexus-4-10-4810_575px_zpsac33c397.jpg

LTE worked fine. They just didn't ask the FCC to test it and certify it.

AnandTech | Nexus 4 Includes Support for LTE on Band 4 (AWS)

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ummmm some ROMs do change the baseband aka radio. And cm did include the changes.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe on CDMA devices they changed the build.prop file but on the Nexus 4 they have not. I'm on the latest nightly build and still have to edit the file if I want to be able to enable LTE from the mobile networks menu or the quick settings panel.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Look on the forums bro. One ain't no cdma n4 second I'm sure someone posted the screenshot of the option on cm10

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Maybe on CDMA devices they changed the build.prop file but on the Nexus 4 they have not. I'm on the latest nightly build and still have to edit the file if I want to be able to enable LTE from the mobile networks menu or the quick settings panel.

Hate to say I told u so BUT...
tyza8uqy.jpg

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Hahaha bro stop it. Multiple people already confirmed it works even cm10

Okay BRO, but the truth is the phone was not designed to work on LTE and you have to root and do heavy mods to get it to work. It's not just an option in any settings menu. So the average Joe who bought it isn't going to be able to get it operational. I don't root my phones so I can't get LTE on mine.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hate to say I told u so BUT...http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/10/tyza8uqy.jpg

Yeah I know about that update but until you edit the build.prop file there's no option to add the LTE tile to the quick settings panel.

Besides everyone is finding out that using an LTE enabled baseband hoses auto focus on the camera.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I know about that update but until you edit the build.prop file there's no option to add the LTE tile to the quick settings panel.

Besides everyone is finding out that using an LTE enabled baseband hoses auto focus on the camera.

yq

The update does that smh and hahahahaga on the second part. FALSE. I have 1st hand knowledge that it works without issue but OK next subject.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Okay BRO, but the truth is the phone was not designed to work on LTE and you have to root and do heavy mods to get it to work. It's not just an option in any settings menu. So the average Joe who bought it isn't going to be able to get it operational. I don't root my phones so I can't get LTE on mine.

And if going to the dialer menu hard work well......

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
yq

The update does that smh and hahahahaga on the second part. FALSE. I have 1st hand knowledge that it works without issue but OK next subject.

Funny since I flashed all four radio versions tonight and tested the camera with each one. Only 48 had working auto focus.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
And if going to the dialer menu hard work well......

Already ahead of you. I know about going into dialer menu and selecting LTE/GSM/CDMA (PRL auto) but that doesn't automatically give me LTE speeds on data. I tried doing it with speed test app. No change. Plus, changing that preferred network setting does not save. If I go back into dialer menu it reverts back to CDMA Preferred.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Already ahead of you. I know about going into dialer menu and selecting LTE/GSM/CDMA (PRL auto) but that doesn't automatically give me LTE speeds on data. I tried doing it with speed test app. No change. Plus, changing that preferred network setting does not save. If I go back into dialer menu it reverts back to CDMA Preferred.

Lte on band 4 is NOT widespread by a long shot in the states. Its only here and there in 2 markets so ifvu can't pick it up its not there yet.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Lte on band 4 is NOT widespread by a long shot in the states. Its only here and there in 2 markets so ifvu can't pick it up its not there yet.

Thank you! Finally someone speaks up with the truth.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Could anyone else seeing T-mobile getting the Nexus 4 through the FCC for LTE support then offering their own custom flashable baseband?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I use a Verizon LTE MiFi so all my devices get LTE where ever I want to. Best part is my LTE has it's own battery.

royalpig180

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Could anyone else seeing T-mobile getting the Nexus 4 through the FCC for LTE support then offering their own custom flashable baseband?

I doubt it. By the time they progress far enough in their rollout of LTE, they'll be more interested in promoting the next generation of flagship models...

And besides, I highly doubt they'd want to devote the resources to get involved in this sort of thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia