Nexus 4 not being recognized in WMP even though computer appears to? Help?

mypancakeslookfine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Even though I'm connected to my computer, the device manager recognizes my nexus 4 as a portable media device, but windows media player will not fortheloveofgod acknowledge it. Also, when I first connect (in MTP, not PTP), autoplay comes up with no options to open any folders, etc. I'm so confused. It's unlocked and rooted, but I haven't put any custom ROMs on yet or done anything abnormal to mess with it. It connects as MTP (PTP works with no problems) and still the WMP does not recognize the device. I'm thinking I did something wrong with the autoplay options or device manager or maybe the device's properties are off?

I really don't know. Any help is greatly appreciated. I bought the 16gb for the music space and not being able to use it is extremely frustrating. Thanks for any and all help! I can offer more information, however it may be delayed. Really needing help on this one and willing to provide more info.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows version? Media Player version? (just in case it jogs someone else's ideas)

In the connected hardware popup on the Task Bar (the one you click on to safely disconnect a device) what does your N4 get seen as?
Did you install any drivers yourself?
Did Windows install the drivers for you?
Did any drivers get installed?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randal