Nexus 4 (occam): 5.0 Lollipop Official Factory Image (LRX21T)

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Stuck in boot animation after flashing, tried WugFresh softbricked method still stuck

Not sure where else to turn

Same thing happened to me. It was stuck in boot animation forever. I turned off phone, did a factory reset, and when restarted again I was still stuck in boot animation for a few minutes. I turned off the phone again, and then just powered on, and this time a message came up "updating (or maybe optimizing) 17 of 60 apps -- whatever the number of apps it updated." Slowly it ticked from 17 to 60 in 5 or 10 more minutes more and finished. It made me think that maybe I should have just waited for the OTA.

In any event, it made me wonder that the first time around, I should have just left in boot animation for 15 minutes, because I think it was updating and I just thought it was stuck. BTW I didn't use Wug Fresh. I just followed the AC guide in this article.

Last edited:

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm stuck.... Phone gets stuck on waiting for device when I go in to unlock the boot loader

Posted via the Android Central App

Sounds like connection problem between phone and computer. In the command prompt, if you do "fastboot devices" or "adb devices" and if your phone's ID is not showing up then there's a connection problem between pc and phone. I had to install PDaNet PdaNet+ -- Internet Sharing for Android in order to fix connection between Windows 8.1 pc and Nexus 4.

I don't really know much about any of this, but rather hit, miss, and guess, but I don't think I used PDaNet for the install, but I think it installed the correct USB drivers, so I then could fastbook into phone and flash factory image.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I like the Photos app. My only complaint is that it doesn't show folders when you're using the file browser from another app.

leegreg81

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm stuck.... Phone gets stuck on waiting for device when I go in to unlock the boot loader

The initial boot of a fresh Lollipop install can take up to 10 minutes to complete.

I thought I'd bricked my phone when I installed the development preview but ended up leaving it for a while and it sorted itself, an experience that I've had again with the official release.

leegreg81

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. It was stuck in boot animation forever. I turned off phone, did a factory reset, and when restarted again I was still stuck in boot animation for a few minutes. I turned off the phone again, and then just powered on, and this time a message came up "updating (or maybe optimizing) 17 of 60 apps -- whatever the number of apps it updated." Slowly it ticked from 17 to 60 in 5 or 10 more minutes more and finished. It made me think that maybe I should have just waited for the OTA.

In any event, it made me wonder that the first time around, I should have just left in boot animation for 15 minutes, because I think it was updating and I just thought it was stuck. BTW I didn't use Wug Fresh. I just followed the AC guide in this article.

Initial Lollipop boot takes up to 10 minutes.

leegreg81

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Make sure you have all necessary drivers (WugFresh NRT can help you here)
Enable USB debugging (in developer options)
You may need to disable MTP

mindfreak14

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Finally its Up :)
This is the Official Android 5.0 Lollipop OTA from KTU84P to LRX21T, for the Nexus 4.

Link:

h t t p ://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/google_mako/1c6f10c34ed54fb29844906b2f041c900ba23a6b.signed-occam-LRX21T-from-KTU84P.1c6f10c3.zip

Download & Sideload it ;)

Enjoy the Lollipop guys & Cheers to our beloved N4 :D

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, be patient with the first boot. It's easy to feel like it's stuck, especially since there's no progress indicator. You'll just see the boot screen animation. To be absolutely sure, I'd wait a full half-hour before concluding that there had been an upgrade problem and messing with it.

Fearless Freep

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, be patient with the first boot. It's easy to feel like it's stuck, especially since there's no progress indicator. You'll just see the boot screen animation. To be absolutely sure, I'd wait a full half-hour before concluding that there had been an upgrade problem and messing with it.

Yep, I got slightly worried because the boot animation just kept churning with no feedback so I thought it was stuck. It eventually flipped to the optimizing app/compiling screen.

theblooms

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm still on 4.4.2, KOT49H because I heard so many horror stories about 4.4.3 and 4.4.4. Can I do an OTA update straight from KOT49H to LXR21T, or am I going to have to update to 4.4.3, then 4.4.4 before 5.0 becomes available?

5L Mustang

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm still on 4.4.2, KOT49H because I heard so many horror stories about 4.4.3 and 4.4.4. Can I do an OTA update straight from KOT49H to LXR21T, or am I going to have to update to 4.4.3, then 4.4.4 before 5.0 becomes available?

4.4.3 seemed to drain my battery but 4.4.4 has been awesome for me.

Posted via Android Central App

grayzweb

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The background for folders and app drawer are black on my N4 after installing Lollipop. They are white on my N5 & Moto X? Anyone else notice or just me? (I kinda prefer the black anyway, but thought it was odd that it was different)

Octaviannn

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes !!!! me too ! I went from CM11 to Lollipop with a factory image. Also i have got the same old wallpaper which i had before. What i think i did wrong is not to patiently wait for the bootscreen, but force restart the phone, with holding up the power button long. Do you think i should re install lollipop and wait longer? do you think this was the problem?These are my settings
3HXQagD.png

UPDATE: I've installed the google now launcher, and that did it. it looks okay now, but do you think i should still reinstall it? would there be any more bugs? Thanks.

Last edited:

Octaviannn

May 23, 2013
Visit site
With cmd.exe . Just conttolled the connectivity with ADB devices, it went. Then i just did flash-all.bat . i've downloaded a package with the image and fastboot file and flash-all file and Some others.

beck79

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
The background for folders and app drawer are black on my N4 after installing Lollipop. They are white on my N5 & Moto X? Anyone else notice or just me? (I kinda prefer the black anyway, but thought it was odd that it was different)
If you use the Google Now Launcher (Settings->Home) in the Nexus 4, you will see the same background as N5.
You might have to install the Google Now Launcher in N4.

VJ1

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Still nothing here in Mumbai, India.

I remember during the JB to KitKat OTA process there was a guide to force the OTA by going to:
Settings > Apps > All > (select) Google Services Framework > Clear Data > Force Stop > Back > About Phone > System Updates > Check Now

I remember doing people mentioning doing that ^ here a couple of times to force the OTA.

Its how I forced the ICS to JB OTA & then the JB to KitKat.
Tried this a few times today without any luck yet.
Are there any other tricks or something to force the OTA? :)

Cheers - VJ

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Still nothing here in Mumbai, India.

I remember during the JB to KitKat OTA process there was a guide to force the OTA by going to:
Settings > Apps > All > (select) Google Services Framework > Clear Data > Force Stop > Back > About Phone > System Updates > Check Now

I remember doing people mentioning doing that ^ here a couple of times to force the OTA.

Its how I forced the ICS to JB OTA & then the JB to KitKat.
Tried this a few times today without any luck yet.
Are there any other tricks or something to force the OTA? :)

Cheers - VJ

If your device is bootloader unlocked, you can side-load android L without loosing your data. I'm sure there's an article on AC that explains how to do it. Otherwise you can always have a look at wugfresh's nexus root toolkit. That's what I did yesterday.

Edit: here is the link to the article

What to do if the Android 5.0 Lollipop update hasn't pushed to your Nexus yet | Android Central

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174