Nexus 4 unresponsive after 4.3 update

dvdmark

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I just got the OTA 4.3 update and now the touch screen is unresponsive. It won't unlock and i can't power it off to reboot. any suggestions ?

anon(161369)

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
First try holding the Volume down and Power button until you get a buzz that lets you know its rebooting, thats gonna drop you into a Fastboot menu, you should then be able to select recovery mode with the volume buttons, and press the power button to confirm it, at this point you should select the clear cache option, NOT the Data one, that should wipe all cache from the previous version of android and hopefully end the freezing

AndyP21

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
First try holding the Volume down and Power button until you get a buzz that lets you know its rebooting, thats gonna drop you into a Fastboot menu, you should then be able to select recovery mode with the volume buttons, and press the power button to confirm it, at this point you should select the clear cache option, NOT the Data one, that should wipe all cache from the previous version of android and hopefully end the freezing

I just did that same process and received "no command" in the recovery mode. My Nexus 4 received the update earlier but now I cannot for the life of me connect to my Windows 8 Laptop and I cannot figure out why. It will not even recognize that its charging until I turn the MTP or PTP off.. damnit!

kittystryker

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I just got "No Command" too. Nexus 7, 4.3 update, now screen is unresponsive (making turning the damn thing off difficult) and occasionally tablet will shut off and go into a boot loop. I have another Nexus 7 here, 4.2.2, that's just fine, no issues with the screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smuglur