Nexus 6P not reading USB OTG

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have two Nexus 6Ps, my original 64GB and another 124GB I just picked up. I've set them up as identical as I reasonably can. The original one has never had an issue reading the USB OTG and doesn't now. My newer one does - I get an error "Unsupported SanDisk USB drive". If I elect to format the USB drive it takes me through the steps but nothing happens, I still get the Unsupported message on the notification bar. Funny thing is if I use File Manager or one of the apps to read the files (my phone is rooted) I can see the files on the drive, no problem. However, through the Android Files app, I don't see the drive. I'm thinking it's a phone issue because I have no problem with the USB OTG on the other phone. Running the Pixel Experience 9.0 on both phones, rooted with Magisk. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Just so you don't think you're being ignored, I checked the specs - the phone should support any USB drive currently made. SanDisk may have some ideas, though - try their live chat at SanDisk Customer Care (upper right, under Retail Support - second item).

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Or try reloading the stock firmware (no root) on the one that has the problem just to be sure that nothing weird is going on.
My Nexus 6P never had a problem with USB OTG although IIRC I had to use a 3rd party application to get it working. I could look back through my application history if you'd like me to identify the ones I used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174