Nexus 6p: whose concerned about Huawei and the recent years spy issue

Mitchell Giles

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
A couple years ago there speculations about Huawei spying on the US for China. How many of you were concerned about that and how do you think that will affect their sales in the US?

Posted via the Android Central App

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
On a nexus with factory images available from Google? Not worried at all, it will have all the usual spying software in all the other nexus devices.

vtpmt81

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
A couple years ago there speculations about Huawei spying on the US for China. How many of you were concerned about that and how do you think that will affect their sales in the US?

It definitely is a concern but I think Google used Huawei to diversify and reach out to OEMs other than Samsung/Motorola/LG/HTC/Sony. Now I understand people's concerns but if this phone is personal use - this really isn't an issue. The Chinese government can't really do diabolical things with your work email indicating when you need to finish the TPS reports, your Facebook photos, Vine videos, and tweets.

If Huawei tries to install spyware - it can easily be spotted.

Saturn1217

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
There is actually a very good article on ZDNet about this exact issue. The author seemed reasonably well informed and basically said we were safe to buy :)

I wasn't worried anyway (I'm not xenophobic) but in case you are worried just google it.

Posted via Android Central App

NewPepper

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Not me. I'd be more concerned about the phone metadata that the NSA is collecting from US citizens personal cell phone data than the Chinese government... hahaha:D

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

I'm not too worried since Google is handling the software. Not to mention Huawei is trying to break into the US market, so I am sure they do not want any more bad press in terms of "spying"

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
It's a risk we all take using any type of technology, the Chinese, Russians, and Koreans all collect data on us among many other countries.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana