Nexus 7 2013 wall adapter?

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I seem to have misplaced my wall adapter for the usb/charging cable. Can't seem to find any oem charger except for the last gen model which goes for about $15. Does anyone know where I can buy the same exact charger that came with the new nexus 7 tablet?

pete1118

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=3634 is one source. Looks to me like they use the same charger across several models. Pretty much any micro USB charger in the 1.5 to 2.0 amp range should work fine. Smaller will work just will take longer to charge. I have actually never used the OEM charger, just using those I already have in the areas I usually recharge things.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the wall charger and cable that came with my Galaxy S4, and they charge the Nexus perfectly fine and fast.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, old one works fine. Also, I wouldn't bother with an exact one like came with the N7-2, as it's lower amperage. If you're buying, buy something in the 2-2.1a range so it'll be useful across multiple devices.

matics

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, old one works fine. Also, I wouldn't bother with an exact one like came with the N7-2, as it's lower amperage. If you're buying, buy something in the 2-2.1a range so it'll be useful across multiple devices.
I suggest caution with that statement. I tried using my iPad USB charger (2.1A/10W) with my Nexus 7 2013 and it charges slowly, while my older USB charger from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus charges fast. Same thing happens in the car when using a Kensington Powerbolt car charger with a 2.1A port. It charges slowly while the USB car charger from my old Palm Pre works fast. I don't get it.

carbon fibre

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I suggest caution with that statement. I tried using my iPad USB charger (2.1A/10W) with my Nexus 7 2013 and it charges slowly, while my older USB charger from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus charges fast. Same thing happens in the car when using a Kensington Powerbolt car charger with a 2.1A port. It charges slowly while the USB car charger from my old Palm Pre works fast. I don't get it.

I wonder if the stock charger is Qualcomm "Quick charge" enabled. I know the new Nexus 7 has the Quick Charge battery management IC.