Nexus 7 2013

mehtaphobia

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
After I installed Lollipop on my device, every time I press the volume buttons to increase or decrease the sound, only the notification volume is changed, not the media volume. How do I fix it so that I can change the media volume on default?

The picture attached shows what I see every time I press the volume buttons. It's getting very irritating.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1816.jpg
    1816.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 52

mehtaphobia

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
It only turns to the normal volume settings when the music is playing and then it goes back to the notifications volume

edmicman

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
This! Ever since my N7 updated to Lollipop this has annoyed me. I'll tend to keep my audio muted on the tablet, and then turn it up if I'm watching a video. It's a pain to have to first go into a video, pause it, then adjust the volume. Plus, I need to test it again, but I'm pretty sure that when I paused the video it went back to adjusting the notification volumes instead of the media volumes.

It wasn't this way before the update - any chance they'll revert it back the way it was, or at least offer an option to choose which volume the volume key adjusts?

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
It only turns to the normal volume settings when the music is playing and then it goes back to the notifications volume

Okay, I read your OP incorrectly. I thought you wanted to know how to change the media volume using the volume rocker, but you want that to be the default behaviour of the volume rocker. I don't have an answer to that question.

I'm personally fine with the current implementation. I don't need to constantly change the media volume while I'm not listening to music or watching video. If I do need to, I can always go into the Settings menu and change it from there.

Vincent Ace

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
After I installed Lollipop on my device, every time I press the volume buttons to increase or decrease the sound, only the notification volume is changed, not the media volume. How do I fix it so that I can change the media volume on default?

The picture attached shows what I see every time I press the volume buttons. It's getting very irritating.

How is your app drawer icon so white and smooth? Is that a launcher?

mehtaphobia

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Its annoying because even after I do that it just immediately goes back to notification volume. I wish there was the option at the end for everything like there was on KitKat.