Nexus 7 Bricked !!Bootloader Erased Help!!!!

dillomo

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
i bricked my nexus 7. The display is black.
only in windows i can see in device manager the nvidia usb boot recovery driver.

you wrote "I know this is for ice cream sandwich but Once installed you can change it to nexus 7."
i tried it but how can i change into nexus 7 mode or installroutine??

can you help me?

- - - Updated - - -

Hello,
i bricked my nexus 7. The display is black.
only in windows i can see in device manager the nvidia usb boot recovery driver.

you wrote "I know this is for ice cream sandwich but Once installed you can change it to nexus 7."
i tried it but how can i change into nexus 7 mode or installroutine??

can you help me?

tboneinkc

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
This very much rings a bell for me young newbies, I say this only because I my self have owned a ADP1 and now own a Nexus One and have ran into similar issues. For some weird reason Google made the choice to start selling devices to people whom have no real knowledge about dos/linux, but one thing I can tell you is that aside from ripping unsigned google images to have a custom "UI" which I myself have entertained and my cousin and I have built roms ourselves... Samsung 8007267864 and Asus 8886783688 and finally the funny cats at Nexus 8558363987.
The only reason why I give you these numbers is because the manufactures DID NOT right the software for these devices my friends.. these devices are all "Google based Roms" and long after I chose to stop entertaining SU permissions or Root access as you call it, and custom roms/or unsigned images... you can still screw up your device big time by pushing and pulling data through usb fastboot mode (which doesn't require unlocking the bootloader or su permissions) but if you device came with a unlocked bootloader you one) can flash unsigned images and two) if you do screw up your usb port like i did on my ADP1 and Nexus One? HTC Corp had to release to me the "stock google RUU"!
Which is what allows you to reflash your own device at home guys, call your manufactures! Man, call HTC or goto their website all the stupid At&t phones have them, ask google and samsung and LG and asus how they can charge you for software that isnt theirs! Thats why im not buying a new nexus.

Miroslav Vitula

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Yo, listen up pro's.
ur brotha is such of a genius but it can be unbricked easily. you need to connect ur n7 to ur PC and flash the bootloader via ADB service.
search for google, download the special .zip and flash it via flash

perrofranco

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I have managed to do the same thing by following a BAD post on another forum on howto get your nexus7 rooted if toolkit way doesn't work even with drivers that recognize your nexus.
(mine would sit at "sending recovery (6480 kb))

It had you do the following steps:

fastboot oem unlock <-- this works
fastboot erase boot <-- yup gone
fastboot erase cache <--- this also
fastboot erase recovery <-- wow this is gone too
fastboot erase system <-- and no more system
fastboot erase userdata <-- user data bye bye
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-grouper-4.13.img <-- hangs like b4 and so we reboot from power off
fastboot reboot-bootloader
ping -n 10 127.0.0.1 >nul
fastboot -w update image-nakasi-jop40d.zip

Reason for using this method was because any normal flashing would just hang waiting for image to be loaded for recovery (be it CW or Stock)

Now I have a nice boat anchor. But maybe all's well, I bought it from Wally world where I am going to exchange it.

Wish me luck..... and this will be the end of me trying to get root on a nexus7

Hey Dude, Hey where you find that link? may you bring us the opportunity to use your knowledge for solve our common problem. Thax! :p

unboundaxe

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
hello,

i have nexus 7,wifi model. i was using cynogenmod, my tablet is rooted and unlocked.. and i also have cwm recovery installed.
but yesterday my nexus just hanged up, when i restart in bootloder mode, and then go in recovery, its just hang on clock work mod revovery starting... now i cant access my bootloader, when ever i restart my nexus, after google logo, its just hang on cwm recovery,,

i cant access anything, drivers are also not working. i have also removed battery,, but no progress...

just wana to ask, whats this problum? does my nexus bootloader erased? any way to fixed my problum? pls reply soon.. thanks

saqibyk

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
After Using the TADP now the driver installed and my device is showing as NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery driver for mobile devices
index1.php

I tried to nvflash and the cmd window shows NVflash started and nothing is going on
a01hgh.png at Foto.PK - Free Image Uploading,Hosting,Sharing Website

Any idea what to do next or am I missing something?

GroovyJT

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I think you need a JTag repair. My Nexus 7 is in the same condition. No response, no key combos, nothing, just darkness. I was told by someone here that he needs to send it to Texas for repair of the JTag and will cost me $80...

Nagaraja T

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Me too got the same problem.. But the solution is, try pressing volume up + volume down + power button for 10 seconds, it loads into fastboot mode. Then you can flash bootloader from it..

It worked for me... :)

Dan Gupta

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
So I am in the same boat as everyone else.. sitting in this APX mode.

There are many suggest solution depending how your N7 got into APX..
One of them is to reboot by using power+V up+V down.. but this seems to be only if your n7 some how still have a bootloader.

But for the people without bootloader the trouble is we can't get out of APX.. I search high and low.. but no true answer.. but surely there are lots of problem

One of the closest solution about working with APX I could found online is from here https://www.androidroot.mobi/pages/guides/tegra3-guide-nvflash-jellybean/, I have not try it... but it does talk about what to do in APX and how to do it.. it is for N7 and Asus transformer..

One of the interesting thing it does say is nvflash needed to authenticate itself with a blob file.. or the use of SBK.. read here https://www.androidroot.mobi/pages/the-inner-workings-of-secure-boot-key-and-nvflash/ ... This should help some of use who is willing to try?

Any one wanted to comment in this?

ScanPal 123456

Apr 15, 2018
Visit site
Hi . I have a honeywell scanpal eda50 android phone 4.4
My brother erased accidently the bootloader using "fastboot erase aboot?" command
He was trying to upgrad the android to nougat 7.0 version .
I have the booting package of 4.4 androind and 7.0 . The problem is when i connect it to the pc . Its not reconizing my phone as mobile device . Only 11 disk drives 2 of them accessible for readonly.
Help me please how i can restore the bootloader . My phone doesnt turn on when he erased the bootloader

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown