Nexus 7 or Note 10.1

dk21

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
There are several articles claiming that the Note 10.1 will receive a jelly bean update pretty soon. We'll see what happens.

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried the Note 10.1 for a week:
Pros:
stereo speakers should good and face forward
S Pen works as advertised and makes for great business note taking
Cons:
Too big to be portable as a Nexus 7
Screen resolution although the same as Nexus doesn't look as good on larger tab

I returned it and I'm in my second week with the Nexus 7 which DOES fit in Jackets pockets when it gets cooler soon, and cargo pants pockets. Quality is So far perfect - picked it up at local Wal-mart (C80 series).

Haucore

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Umm, did you happen to read the post that you quoted? The Note rocks!

I'm guessing that your Nexus 7 isn't defective, which is awesome for you. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case for me. I gave it an honest shot (4 times).

I don't have anymore time to deal with returning Asus tablets, so I purchased something else. Not sure why that seems to offend people on here...

I was reluctant to mention that I had a defective n7 in fear of attacks on the forum. Seems as if when you get the non-defective n7, that gives you the right to attack the unfortunates :'(

Toyeboy

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
I've actually been considering the Galaxy Note 10.1 as well. I didn't buy a Nexus 7, but I bought two Asus tf300s and I had to return both of them due to serious defects. The touchscreen issue was the same one as some of the N7's have. It left a bad feeling about Asus. I just think Samsung has better quality. Not to mention the Exynos 4Quad is getting a lot higher benchmarks than the tegra 3. But yes $500 is too much. I hope samsung hurries and makes a 7 inch tablet with the Exynos 5

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
A 10 inch device is just too big for me. It doesn't do anything my 11 inch netbook can do for my uses. 7 inch tablet is perfect size wise.

Haucore

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I stopped by best buy to check it out and right off the bat, the plastic bothered me. It creaked when I applied a little bit of pressure on the bezel area. (habit from trying to keep the screen down from my N7). I was also under the impression that it would be wicked fast but it speed appeared clunky. Sorry for the lack of better term. It could be because of all the widgets running and the general public putting crap on it. The screen isn't absolutely terrible as a lot would say, I didnt try too hard to see the difference in resolution since I don't do that on a regular basis with my current n7. Price is absolutely too much. If the build quality feels the same asus, I don't know why they would ask for that much. The 10.1 feels much like the tab2 10.1 and that's cheaper by a good $200.

kupostic

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm excitedly awaiting my first tab (an n7). Guys, you make me really feel unfortunate. Is the situation with this tablet so bad; or is this a market or regional thing? Have there also been loads of complaints from the UK or Ireland? Be gentle with me lads; I'm an old dude.

Kandoo-BB

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
E50C.png

Sent from my light sAber using Tapatalk

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm excitedly awaiting my first tab (an n7). Guys, you make me really feel unfortunate. Is the situation with this tablet so bad; or is this a market or regional thing? Have there also been loads of complaints from the UK or Ireland? Be gentle with me lads; I'm an old dude.

I picked up an N7 at a local retailer (Staples) a month or more ago, and haven't had any issues. A lot of people have no issues with their N7, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Haucore

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Realistically there is no performance issues with the N7. There are however a ton of cosmetic issues. A majority of these complaints are from the people that purchased the n7 directly from google itself. Then theres the issues of exchanges and returns or refunds. Google is dropping the ball big time with those. Best thing to do is purchase an n7 from a local retailer, inspect it at the store to meet your standards and enjoy :)

Haucore

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
That's an inspiring comment albeit I already placed an order online already.

Sent from my GT-I9100

Have the unit been shipped? You would receive an email with a tracking number. If you haven't, you could cancel the process by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email where they confirm you placed an order. I must say though from the feedback in terms of refunds, a lot has resorted to involving the credit card to dispute the charges.

Sent from my MB865 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796