Nexus 7 "Soft Bricked" in Boot Loop, need help in simple terms to restore.

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a Un-Rooted Nexus 7 2012 32GB (bought new in Nov 2013) that suddenly and for no reason "soft-bricked", stuck in a never-ending Boot Loop (swirling/spinning 4 color circles). I still had Android 4.4.4 running on it, except for the typical slacker stock Launcher hangs and not responding, it was running pretty good.

I have tried a few time to do a "factory reset" from the Recovery Menu (Pwr & Volumn Down procedure) and nothing, also tried before that the Cashe Clearing. Nothing gets it to Factory Reset, just another Boot Loop.

I have never tried a Rooting of an Android device (though I've been in Windows and IBM Network IT engineering for 25+ years.) Can someone help me step by step in near layman's term to restore this Nexus 7? I'd actually rather NOT Root it for a custom ROM, just get it back to KitKat 4.4.4 (Preferred) of if I have to LolliPop 5.1 which I have experienced is the dead end for the N7's (2012 and 2013's) since my older N7 2012 8GB refuses to update to 5.1.1.

Appreciate the step by step help. If you're recommending a PC program I need to use, please supply the link to the exact version to download. Thanks

psiphi

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nexus 7 "Soft Bricked" in Boot Loop, need help in simple terms to restore.

If a factory reset fails, there is a good chance the flash memory has gone bad, meaning a new motherboard or a new tablet is needed. As you have nothing to lose, suggest you download the Nexus Root Toolkit and see if flashing fixes it. The toolkit is very easy to use, but if you still need help after trying to use it let us know.

You don't have to root to use the tool.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow