Nexus 7 turns on when charging

Hugo Barbosa

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
This is it: when I turn off the device and then plug the charger that come in the package, the tablet turns on. Even with the charger plugged in, if I try to turn the tablet off, it turns automatically on again. Is there anything in the settings to change this?

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
This is it: when I turn off the device and then plug the charger that come in the package, the tablet turns on. Even with the charger plugged in, if I try to turn the tablet off, it turns automatically on again. Is there anything in the settings to change this?

Don't worry, this is normal, my LG isai turns on but not all the way into the OS, also I guess you never owned a iPhone or iPad as they do the same thing

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you know if you have Developer Options activated in your Settings menu? They're usually hidden, but a user can activate them by taking the Build Number 7 times in Settings/About Tablet. There's a setting that prevents the screen from sleeping when charging.

Posted via Android Central App

Hugo Barbosa

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Don't worry, this is normal, my LG isai turns on but not all the way into the OS, also I guess you never owned a iPhone or iPad as they do the same thing

You misunderstood me. The Nexus 7 turns on all the way to the OS. It does not merely display the charging symbol, it opens the Android operating system and I can use it 100%. I turn the table off, plug in the charger, and it turns on again all the way to the OS. Is this normal? When I first bought it, it just displayed the charging battery symbol when turned off.

ohmslaw

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had this happen twice in the past month for no apparent reason. It's charging now with the battery symbol showing at the start, which for me is normal. I thought it was me, but I guess I'm not alone. I'll pay more attention in the future to see if I can pin it down to a reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463