Nexus 9: Anyone with a recently bought model having issues?

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The nexus 9 only allows 0.5 amps regardless, read this on XDA somewhere, with a custom kernel you can up it to 0.9

Posted via the Android Central App

joelkamp

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having issues with the volume buttons? Mine up volume is flush and almost impossible to find and push. Overall I really like form factor....but planning to return due to volume button issue, just concerned a new unit could be worse.

Scotlac

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues with the volume buttons? Mine up volume is flush and almost impossible to find and push. Overall I really like form factor....but planning to return due to volume button issue, just concerned a new unit could be worse.

The first one I received had this issue and it is absolutely a factory defect. The volume rocker on my current N9 is easily accessible. I recommend returning it.

jondelfin

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anyone with a recently bought model having issues?

Mine came a few hours ago. Loading it up now and wondering why the back isn't hot, has a soft spot or flex, why the battery isn't draining quickly, etc. Did I just luck out and get a good one?

No - same as the one I got - great tablet - enjoy

jondelfin

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site

I've had mine (Black 32gb) for about a week now. No flex in the back, I haven't noticed any light leaks. It's fast and using it with an AC router makes it feel like a desktop.

Just wondering if it's just my combination of programs and usage pattern but I'm just getting five hours of battery time. Has anyone else seen better? If you what are you doing that I am not?

Thanks,

V

I seem to be getting 8 or nine hours on it - mostly internet and magazines. I have been inside and not in bright areas so i keep the screen down to about 1/4 of the way from the left. I do not like the auto level for brightness - on any tablet not just the N9

volpo

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

I seem to be getting 8 or nine hours on it - mostly internet and magazines. I have been inside and not in bright areas so i keep the screen down to about 1/4 of the way from the left. I do not like the auto level for brightness - on any tablet not just the N9

Wow!

I'm in at around 5 hours. Internet, magazines/comics, some games but not the highly graphic oriented ones. I also watch some video and I suspect that that is where I'm losing ground. Still a great tablet. I'm enjoying it. I just hope the folks a Google HQ find a way to make it a bit better on the battery. Have received the latest update (worked this time) hopefully there is something in it for battery life.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Wow!

I'm in at around 5 hours. Internet, magazines/comics, some games but not the highly graphic oriented ones. I also watch some video and I suspect that that is where I'm losing ground. Still a great tablet. I'm enjoying it. I just hope the folks a Google HQ find a way to make it a bit better on the battery. Have received the latest update (worked this time) hopefully there is something in it for battery life.

According the reviews the Nexus 9 is one of the better tablets in both battery life and recharging time. Seems to do better than the units from Samsung and several iPad models.

I get 2 or 3 days of use, which amounts to about 7 or so hours. Lots of Youtube and some books.

volpo

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

I'm just wondering if it has something to do with using 'AC' instead of 'N' on the router.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

Just received my n9 and the only complaint I have is light bleed. Almost all of the corners are experiencing it. Showed my fiancé and she even suggested returning it. Has anyone contacted Google about this? It's a shame, aside from this issue, I love the tablet.

J

rinconmike

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I order three from amazon in black friday and just opened them yesterday. One had a loose back amd more light bleed than the other two. Sent that one back.

AFPoster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm on a full week of using my N9 now with the Keyboard Folio. If using the Keyboard my battery drains within 7-9 hours of use (Gmail, Web & Skype + G Sheets only). Without the keyboard I have gotten 16 hours.

2 days ago I started noticing that Apps are taking time to open, switch between apps and close. No idea why this happened all of the sudden, but nothing I do speeds things back up. Hopefully the Android 5.0.1 update will resolve this, although it is strange that the device just randomly slows down.

Few others:
When downloading PDF's in Chrome and the download completes, the Notification and symbol in the upper left will constantly flicker, as if it's having troubles "completing" the download
There are times I will login to the device and it will immediately turn the screen back off. I've had to force turn off the device a couple of times to correct this. It happens 1x a day for the past 3-4 days.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm on a full week of using my N9 now with the Keyboard Folio. If using the Keyboard my battery drains within 7-9 hours of use (Gmail, Web & Skype + G Sheets only). Without the keyboard I have gotten 16 hours.

2 days ago I started noticing that Apps are taking time to open, switch between apps and close. No idea why this happened all of the sudden, but nothing I do speeds things back up. Hopefully the Android 5.0.1 update will resolve this, although it is strange that the device just randomly slows down.

Few others:
When downloading PDF's in Chrome and the download completes, the Notification and symbol in the upper left will constantly flicker, as if it's having troubles "completing" the download
There are times I will login to the device and it will immediately turn the screen back off. I've had to force turn off the device a couple of times to correct this. It happens 1x a day for the past 3-4 days.

Hmmm... Interesting. I purchased the folio myself (haven't fully used it) but didn't notice any substantial battery drain. I'll have to give it more of a workout to see if this is happening. As mentioned before, my only problem with my new N9 is a bit of light bleed. Aside from that, no problems.

J