Nexus 9 charging time

Doc Marten

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi.

My battery is at 56% and with it plugged in to the official charger that came with it, it says 7 hours until fully charged. That's a hell of a long time. I could literally fully charge my Nexus 7, 4 and iPad Air in the time it takes to fully charge the Nexus 9.
I mean, if you extrapolate out that 7 hours for a full battery recharge you'd be looking at 15 hours. I'd need to plug it into the wall for over half of the day and that's basically contrary to the idea of a tablet. Any longer and you'd be as well calling it a desktop!

Anyone else noticing long charge times?

Doc Marten

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Update on this. After watching it's painful progress a reboot appears to have sped things up a bit. It now says 40 minutes until full. I'm not sure if the correct approach is to reboot either before or after plugging in the charger or whether this could be 'fixed' via it's firmware but the original projection seems wildly inaccurate given the battery is now at 90% from 56% when I made the initial post.

Chum

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Good update. Perhaps it had to be plugged in for a short while before providing an accurate estimate?

I think my N9 took 3-4 hours to charge from a completely dead battery.

Chum

AFPoster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I spoke with an HTC rep who said this could take up to 6 hours from 0% to 100%. However, I feel this is incorrect because she said she would be guessing with her answer since HTC has never truly defined how long it will take within their User Manual or documents.

littleemp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Are you plugging directly into the outlet? A lot of people that seem to have similar problems to yours are either using other chargers or not plugging directly to the outlet.

Doc Marten

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Are you plugging directly into the outlet? A lot of people that seem to have similar problems to yours are either using other chargers or not plugging directly to the outlet.

Direct into the wall. Official charger like said. But rebooting the tablet as it was charging seemed to either dramatically reduce the charge time or alter the accuracy of the projected time it would take to charge.

Doc Marten

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
No. It was just sitting there on it's stand. It was powered on but sitting idle. Like I said, after a reboot the estimated time dropped massively.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter