Nexus Prime video teaser (and picture)!

BitGambit

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
This is the best photo I've seen of it yet, check it out. You can make out all the features on the side of the phone. This...will be an epic phone.

For sure, that's the power button. Also, yes, that is the 3 prong charger/doc connection on the side there. 3 gold circles.

Click to view quoted image

I was wondering, is there a possibility of getting the dimensions of the phone based on the spacing of those gold contacts? There probably isn't any kind of industry standard of such thing, but I'm curious..

Nevermind, E_man has already done this!
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...ter-look-helping-speculation.html#post1318156

Last edited:

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: nexes prime pic!!!

I have never been so excited about a phones since the Nexus One. Now maybe I will get the job I am interviewing for today and will get the house we put a bid on....

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

I want I want I want....I just ordered my wife a BIONIC and now will send it back and get both of us these.....YEAH!!!!!!!

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

I have a suggestion for all of you. Go now, to any tech blog where you have a posting account (other then Android ones). There you will no doubt find an article (or a dozen) about the iPhone 4S.

Copy and paste this link showing the picture from the video, let the disapointed iPhone masses see what they could get instead.

http://cdn.androidpolice.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/wm_Nexus-Prime.jpg

Sounds like the type of thing a 14 year old would find enjoyable. I don't care about the iPhone. It's great device that people enjoy. Good for them.

Last edited:

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I dont know if anyone else already posted this, but I guess the rumor about having a keyboard is pretty much out the window and Im cool with that! I definitely think Samsung can make a thin phone with LTE. Look at their LTE SGS2.... The only thing I am worried about are heating issues and battery life. The SGS2 for Sprint gets AMAZING battery life, but Wimax and LTE are two different beasts.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
im just curious, they just released the sgs2, do you think they will release another samsung phone so quickly?

the SGSII was announced about 8-9 months ago and had a worldwide release almost 6 months ago. that is a decade in electronics/technology.

so YES, they will. especially since verizon didn't get the SGSII and this is most likely coming to verizon.

it is my next phone. i dont care what comes out between now and March, this will be my next phone. and may be my last phone for a while. i would have an N1 if i wasn't on verizon.

Reactions: stopfakin83

theotherrogue

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

I don't think its quite as thin as the picture make it looks. That top curve looks artificial, created by the brightly lit accent line under the 'Something big'. To my eye, it looks like that cuts off face of the device, but who knows.

Upon closer inspection of the pic I agree completely - the device is not as curved as the accent line leads one to think.

myron317

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little giddy about it. Plus, the ad was kinda cute. More props all around. And I agree, the curve definitely adds a bit more to the image, but its clear that it will be part of the "design"

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
At first I thought it was obvious that the gold pins were for a dock, similar to the HTC Rhyme, but then I noticed that the power button is on the same side as those pins, so unless the docks will have the phone vertical, they must be for something else, otherwise the power button would be blocked.

But perhaps the docks will have their own power buttons or something, or maybe they will be some strange design that doesn't block the power button. One never knows.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
My biggest worry is that October 11th arrives and what we see announced is not the device coming for Verizon. Oh how frustrating that will be for a lot of folks (me).

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
My biggest worry is that October 11th arrives and what see announced is not the device coming for Verizon. Oh how frustrating that will be for a lot of folks (me).

I think I would faint.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I dont know if anyone else already posted this, but I guess the rumor about having a keyboard is pretty much out the window and Im cool with that! I definitely think Samsung can make a thin phone with LTE. Look at their LTE SGS2.... The only thing I am worried about are heating issues and battery life. The SGS2 for Sprint gets AMAZING battery life, but Wimax and LTE are two different beasts.

The keyboard rumor was most likely about the Droid HD slider that's coming soon.

rrhartjr

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
At first I thought it was obvious that the gold pins were for a dock, similar to the HTC Rhyme, but then I noticed that the power button is on the same side as those pins, so unless the docks will have the phone vertical, they must be for something else, otherwise the power button would be blocked.

I don't think I would read too far into the exact design.. it's just a render..

If you can only show one side of the phone, you might fudge the render a bit just to show the interesting features.. volume controls and a power button not interesteing, dock connectors = interesting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRNATAREN