Nexus S 4G vs Motorola Photon

jonesey#AC

May 30, 2011
Visit site
All that Nice AMOLED Screen, Responsive UI, great battery life, thin and light ergonomics do not matter one hill of beans if the data and voice reception is not solid.... = turd.

Sorry that was my experience... I had to return it, it was not tolerable. That may not be your experience but mine was a complete turd.

I returned mine too, and for mostly this reason. Although I still much prefer webOS to Android, I think I could've convinced myself that the loss of multitasking, great email, and a few tweaks were worth it... had the phone actually worked all the time. Bad reception on CDMA= lousy battery life. 4G wasn't even noticeable, it was so rare.

I'll keep monitoring though for a fix... Still may be a good option if they work it out.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Motorola XPRT

So I went to Sprint over the weekend and played with the phone.... I LOVED it! I was really hoping that i wouldn't, but I did! Now I am in a hard spot! I like my Nexus, but I also like the Moto! I will wait until i find one on Craigslist so I can get it cheaper..maybe by then the Nexus will get its signal issues resolved.

BTW the only draw back on the XPRT is the camera..its one the lamest 5 megapixels I have seen! But then again this is not a media device, but still...in no way is that even close to a real 5mp camera.

Other than that I like it!:D

3dognate

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I returned mine too, and for mostly this reason. Although I still much prefer webOS to Android, I think I could've convinced myself that the loss of multitasking, great email, and a few tweaks were worth it... had the phone actually worked all the time. Bad reception on CDMA= lousy battery life. 4G wasn't even noticeable, it was so rare.

I'll keep monitoring though for a fix... Still may be a good option if they work it out.

You know what... if there was a fix roll out today... I'd go back and get a new Nexus S again... I liked the phone that much. But couldn't deal with the signal issues. I know not everyone seems to have a problem in areas that are swamped with signal.

Yes, I went back to my WebOS device temporarily. Email, notifications and and Multi-Tasking are defintely feathers in WebOS's hat. I didn't realize how much I relied on the notification LED. I really missed that on the Nexus S. I've not been really impressed with the android mail apps much... I ended up using MailDroid and it was ok. But none are quite as slick as WebOS's email app.

Too bad HP is dropping the ball with getting a new WebOS device on Sprint in a timely fashion.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
You know what... if there was a fix roll out today... I'd go back and get a new Nexus S again... I liked the phone that much. But couldn't deal with the signal issues. I know not everyone seems to have a problem in areas that are swamped with signal.

Yes, I went back to my WebOS device temporarily. Email, notifications and and Multi-Tasking are defintely feathers in WebOS's hat. I didn't realize how much I relied on the notification LED. I really missed that on the Nexus S. I've not been really impressed with the android mail apps much... I ended up using MailDroid and it was ok. But none are quite as slick as WebOS's email app.

Too bad HP is dropping the ball with getting a new WebOS device on Sprint in a timely fashion.

I reactivited my Evo do to the signal problems. I have solid performace with the Evo after all the OTA fixed that were pushed to get it fixed. I know the Nexus will get the same treatment and the signal issues will be resolved (in my opinion these are software problems ~ my observations suggest radio driver poor handling of signal drop on the CDMA network). Once these issues are resolved, the NS will be an excellent android device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos