Nexus S 4G vs Motorola Photon

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I like the Motorola Photon, just think its ugly by cutting off the corners. But it looks like a beast.

Sprint Motorola Photon 4G hands-on: 4.3-inch qHD display, Gingerbread, WiMAX, and Tegra 2 | This is my next...

Motorola Triumph for Virgin Mobile pushes the prepaid high end, launches this summer | This is my next...

As for the Motorola Triumph, thats a game changer for the pre paid industry, coming June 2012 if the next Nexus is not on Sprint, I am going to Boost or Virgin mobile. With Android rooting being so normal now that you can get a decent device like this and root to get the latest.BUT pay half of what the Big boys are chargin on contract!:-$

Either way still loving my Nexus!

beathookup

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Not a fan of Moto, but glad they are giving Sprint some love with new Android devices. I personally can't see leaving my NS4G for anything as of right now

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
Looks good but I am not a fan of Motorola or Blur and I am not waiting well into next year to get ICS on my phone. Keeping my Nexus until the next version of it comes to Sprint.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I think I read somewhere that the photon has a locked bootloader which makes it pretty unattractive to me.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I agree with beathookup. There is nothing out or coming out that I have heard of that will sway me from my Nexus S. I'm loving everything about this phone.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Those high end specs won't man anything when it has bloatware and Motoblur plus the fact that you get updates wen Motorola releases them, which can be forever on some phones.

I'll take stock plus updates right then and there instead.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Those high end specs won't man anything when it has bloatware and Motoblur plus the fact that you get updates wen Motorola releases them, which can be forever on some phones.

I'll take stock plus updates right then and there instead.

I feel ya, but at the same time what the point of having the top notch phone when you cant even use it? My signal is getting worse day by day.:mad:

I cant believe I am feeling this way about a NEXUS...I mean a NEXUS!!! It's suppose to be under Google's microscope for updates, bug fixes, etc... yet...nothing... quote me when I say they will wait until Ice Cream to release a fix for this.

And that's in fourth quarter.:'(

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I feel ya, but at the same time what the point of having the top notch phone when you cant even use it? My signal is getting worse day by day.:mad:

I cant believe I am feeling this way about a NEXUS...I mean a NEXUS!!! It's suppose to be under Google's microscope for updates, bug fixes, etc... yet...nothing... quote me when I say they will wait until Ice Cream to release a fix for this.

And that's in fourth quarter.:'(

I don't see them waiting that long to fix the radios. I would probably guess within the next month the problem will be corrected. Every smartphone that I have ever had has had major issues in the beginning and they were always fixed within the first month or so. We just have to be patient. That's the cost of buying a device as soon as its released, you have to suffer through some bugs.

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't see them waiting that long to fix the radios. I would probably guess within the next month the problem will be corrected. Every smartphone that I have ever had has had major issues in the beginning and they were always fixed within the first month or so. We just have to be patient. That's the cost of buying a device as soon as its released, you have to suffer through some bugs.

Yep. It took them a good 3 months to get all the bugs fixed on the Evo 4G. The Nexus has only been out a month.

eze036

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I have my eyes on the XPRT, love the form factor!

i actually like the phone, great product moto got some nice features only on there device like phone portal that lets you connect to your phone thru wif and thru ip address and the battery profile.. also has task manager option that can auto close programs and etc

3dognate

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. I mean it's not like the Pre which had so many bugs that even the Orkin man couldn't exterminate

I returned my Nexus S 4G yesterday and went back to the Pre temporarily... I can actually get solid data connectivity now... The pre isn't that big of a turd.. My nexus was a turd. Data sucked on that phone.

Reactions: ftrengineer

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I returned my Nexus S 4G yesterday and went back to the Pre temporarily... I can actually get solid data connectivity now... The pre isn't that big of a turd.. My nexus was a turd. Data sucked on that phone.

By no means is the Nexus S a turd in any sense. Not everyone has the problems, and worth noting is that users should stop using the Speedtest app. It's been proven over and over that it's highly inaccurate. Use the Speakeasy.net website.

3dognate

May 21, 2011
Visit site
By no means is the Nexus S a turd in any sense. Not everyone has the problems, and worth noting is that users should stop using the Speedtest app. It's been proven over and over that it's highly inaccurate. Use the Speakeasy.net website.

All that Nice AMOLED Screen, Responsive UI, great battery life, thin and light ergonomics do not matter one hill of beans if the data and voice reception is not solid.... = turd.

Sorry that was my experience... I had to return it, it was not tolerable. That may not be your experience but mine was a complete turd.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have my eyes on the XPRT, love the form factor!

i actually like the phone, great product moto got some nice features only on there device like phone portal that lets you connect to your phone thru wif and thru ip address and the battery profile.. also has task manager option that can auto close programs and etc

Please explain...connect to your phone through wifi?

Sent from my Sexy Nexus 4G