nexus7 locked

setluky

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone!
this is my problem
Yesterday i turn off my wi-fi and after turn off the nexus7.this morning my children try to turn on the tab and make 5 bad try,the device turn on lock mode beacause too many try.The device ask me to connect to google play account to unlock but the wi-fi is off and i m not able to turn it on.I try the hard reset,i can go to the menue and choose recouvery mode and wait about 2 hours but the device not reboot(just google logo) it still locked!what i can do to solve this problem? thank you!

rsen

May 24, 2010
Visit site
My tablet actually locked up and what I did was hold down the power button as well as the volume rocker (the whole thing) at once for about 10 seconds and then the tablet turned on. If that doesn't work, you may need to exchange it.

setluky

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
thank rsen for your reply
hold donw power button and volume go to the reset menu i try it but nothing happen just google logo

Michael Larimore

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus7 Locks Up

Google has a good support number on their website-
Twice i have been unable to get my tablet started after using it the day before. Support told me to hold the power button and the volume up button for - Get this --> 30 seconds WHILE it is plugged in... It did work... Support calls it deep sleep - I call it a problem. So long as it turns-on each time after this procedure, i will live with it...

Girish Devadas

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

I have the same problem. WI FI is turned off and the tablet is locked. Axiom telecom in Dubai is not able to do a hard reset. They said they simply don't have the support for it. Kindly help

Girish Devadas

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
go to asus support, down load USB driver, make it very very very sure that the tab is connected to your pc. your pc must show a sign like it is connected to a USB device. then try the entire recovery mode process. it worked for me. It should work for you. google missed the most important aspect that the tab must be connected to a PC before recovery. How can they?.

tabletnovice

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
go to asus support, down load USB driver, make it very very very sure that the tab is connected to your pc. your pc must show a sign like it is connected to a USB device. then try the entire recovery mode process.

I'm curious. Why do you need a special USB driver? Isn't there one built into the tablet?

I connected my tablet to my notebook yesterday. Nothing launched to indicate that it was connected though. I opened the computer and the icon for the tablet was there along with icons for the hard drive and other devices.

Dijoux33

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google Nexus 7 is locked...

It took me a minute to figure this out. The lock icon appeared after I downloaded the 4.1.2 update allowing landscape mode. Press & hold the LOCK icon that shows on the main screen...then simultaneously press the UNLOCK icon below it. Pressing both at the same time should unlock it.

Dijoux33

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

It took me a minute to figure this out. The lock icon appeared after I downloaded the 4.1.2 update allowing landscape mode. Press & hold the LOCK icon that shows on the main screen...then simultaneously press the UNLOCK icon below it. Pressing both at the same time should unlock it.

Dijoux33

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Okay, just downloaded ANOTHER Nexus update on my tablet and my old fix from a few hours ago no longer works...NOW I have to press & hold the LOCK icon & "drag" it over to the UNLOCK icon for access. Hope this helps others as well. Also hope this doesn't happen with each update. Geesh.

hichris123

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay, just downloaded ANOTHER Nexus update on my tablet and my old fix from a few hours ago no longer works...NOW I have to press & hold the LOCK icon & "drag" it over to the UNLOCK icon for access. Hope this helps others as well. Also hope this doesn't happen with each update. Geesh.

That's how it was meant to be used on 4.1.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qaz