NFC problem - quick settings not working, now icon gone

Fwafwow

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I had turned on NFC to use some headphones, then tried to turn it off via the Quick Settings menu, but when I would access the second page of the QS menu, the NFC icon there wasn't highlighted, and choosing that icon didn't seem to have any impact on the NFC (although I'm able to turn it on and off via the normal menu). When I was trying to figure it out, I stumbled across the function that lets you add more icons to the QS menu, and I added a few from those available - and then the NFC option disappeared. I didn't use all of the spaces in the QS, and chose "Reset" but still can't find it - not that it was working. Any ideas?

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Could you have accidentally moved the NFC icon into the second page of icons? That page is visible, if you scroll to the right, when the first page of icons is fully displayed. An even easier way to turn on NFC is just to ask Bixby, turn on NFC.

Fwafwow

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
No. It's gone. And it isn't in the list of those additional icons that show up under Button Order. And when I did have it, the icon didn't work to turn NFC on or off. Noted on Bixby, but that's often not a great option for me - like in public.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332