No 4g in Houston

jamartignoni

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I usually have 4g all the time here in Houston but not for the last 3 days. I've tried the *228 thing to update my towers but I'm still on 3g. Anyone got an idea of why or what I can do?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Android Central Forums

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I usually have 4g all the time here in Houston but not for the last 3 days. I've tried the *228 thing to update my towers but I'm still on 3g. Anyone got an idea of why or what I can do?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Android Central Forums

First, check your Network mode is set to LTE/CDMA (under Menu, Settings, Wireless & networks, Mobile networks). Second, try a power down, battery and SIM card pull for at least five minutes. This will allow the phone to completely reset (all power to the internal electronics will discharge completely) and will force the phone to re-provision itself on the network upon next power up. If still a problem, I'd contact Verizon to confirm they're not having a problem in the area.

Reactions: delynnie

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Forgot to add that you shouldn't dial *228 on an LTE phone. It may fry the SIM card.

See the following for more info:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-htc-thunderbolt-forums/90096-228-do-dont.html#post965369

Actually, the LTE equivalent of *228 is done simply by rebooting the phone. Thats it. No battery/SIM pull necessary.

Aside, there *were* a few SIMs that got fried on the first week after launch from dialing *228. It would essentially program the phone as 3G and render the SIM as an UN (unusable) status. The SIM then had to be replaced.

delynnie

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
First, check your Network mode is set to LTE/CDMA (under Menu, Settings, Wireless & networks, Mobile networks). Second, try a power down, battery and SIM card pull for at least five minutes. This will allow the phone to completely reset (all power to the internal electronics will discharge completely) and will force the phone to re-provision itself on the network upon next power up. If still a problem, I'd contact Verizon to confirm they're not having a problem in the area.

I have been stuck in 1x here in Arkansas!! Used the above fix and now back in 3G
Thank you, thank you Thanks!!! :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KernelPanic